COMPLETE Old, Old Fairy Tales, L Valentine-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

MW updated with all the current claims - we are over half claimed!

Thanks Nemo for the first file! It's in the MW and I hope to PL it later today.
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

Linda Johnson
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Nemo! Chapter 6 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Can I interest you in claiming another story?
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

Linda Johnson
EmilyLost

Post by EmilyLost »

Hey,

I would like to read part 16 if thats ok?

EmilyLost
Last edited by EmilyLost on March 19th, 2017, 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Welcome Emily!

All the instructions you need are in the first post, but if you get lost just ask! :)
EmilyLost

Post by EmilyLost »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/oldfairytales_16_valentine_128kb.mp3

As this is my first recording after the test, please let me know if there are any issues.

EmilyLost
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

EmilyLost wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/oldfairytales_16_valentine_128kb.mp3

As this is my first recording after the test, please let me know if there are any issues.
Thanks Emily! This is a lovely reading of a very cute variation on the usual story - I especially liked the voices! :thumbs:

There are just a couple of housekeeping issues though - at the end of the text you need to say "End of Chapter 16" so that people who are listening through the book consecutively get a reminder of what the next chapter is supposed to be. (The next chapter will start with "Chapter 17..." so everyone is up to speed.)

Also, we need 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file, to allow for electronic handling of the file which may chop a bit off. Speaking of - when you post the link to the file, it helps me to know how long the file is supposed to be - then I can check it when I listen to make sure nothing has been chopped off! It happens occasionally that a file is meant to be 16mins long, but the uploader only gives me 8mins!

So if you could just change the ending, add some silence or room "tone" of 5 seconds to the end, then re-export and re-upload the new file and post it here, with the final length! Then I'll check it again.

And you'd be welcome to claim another story if you like? I really enjoyed listening to your reading of this one! :9:
EmilyLost

Post by EmilyLost »

Elizabby wrote:
EmilyLost wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/oldfairytales_16_valentine_128kb.mp3

Thanks Emily! This is a lovely reading of a very cute variation on the usual story - I especially liked the voices! :thumbs:

There are just a couple of housekeeping issues though - at the end of the text you need to say "End of Chapter 16" so that people who are listening through the book consecutively get a reminder of what the next chapter is supposed to be. (The next chapter will start with "Chapter 17..." so everyone is up to speed.)

Also, we need 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file, to allow for electronic handling of the file which may chop a bit off. Speaking of - when you post the link to the file, it helps me to know how long the file is supposed to be - then I can check it when I listen to make sure nothing has been chopped off! It happens occasionally that a file is meant to be 16mins long, but the uploader only gives me 8mins!

So if you could just change the ending, add some silence or room "tone" of 5 seconds to the end, then re-export and re-upload the new file and post it here, with the final length! Then I'll check it again.

And you'd be welcome to claim another story if you like? I really enjoyed listening to your reading of this one! :9:
Changes made. I hope this is more what you had in mind?
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/oldfairytales_16_valentine_128kb.mp3
The recording is 12M20S
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great, thank you! This is now PL OK! :thumbs:

You are now free to claim another section - in this project or anywhere else!
EmilyLost

Post by EmilyLost »

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Emily, Chapter 11 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Just two comments for next time though:

- Please post on the thread to let us know before you record a chapter. We can only use one recording in the final book, so it would be a shame if two people recorded the same chapter at the same time!

- The final silence needs to be around 5 seconds, try not to let it creep too much longer than that.
SherlHolmesMD

Post by SherlHolmesMD »

Oooh! May I record "The Beneficent Frog", please? Thank you! :D
Sherl Holmes, MD
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Sherl! I'm happy to hold that story for you, but please correct your 1 min test settings before recording for me.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 9 is PL OK!

What an interesting story! An evil princess and a girl in disguise as a soldier! I'll have to play this one to my daughters!