COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Section 11 is PL OK
Roger

Post by Roger »

I would like to read section 16 - "English Water Spaniel", if I may.
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
msfry

Post by msfry »

Roger wrote:I would like to read section 16 - "English Water Spaniel", if I may.
Thank you, Roger. Be my guest. It's a short one, so you'll be finished almost before you begin! :lol:
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Michele. Yes, it is a short one (I just finished recording it, will probably post it within the next few days.)

I think this is an important, and valuable, piece of work, likely to be very popular among listeners. I expect to volunteer for some more sections in time. 8-)
msfry

Post by msfry »

I've uploaded the repaired files for 5, 6, 46 and 48, and marked them ready (in the Magic Window) for Spot PL. You will find the links there. There was no appreciable change in the time, just a second or two off. I didn't notice any background noise at the time you cited for Section 6.

Yes, 5 and 6, The Pointer, was a long and tedious repetition of dog names, sires and dams, etc. I found that part monotonous, but I bet anybody owning a pointer from the line of any of those named champions is strutting around like a peacock to this day! Dog portraits over the mantle, down the halls, and in all the guest bedrooms. These people definitely worked their butts off and spent lots of money developing this breed. I am impressed!

Thanks for all your help! :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Roger wrote:Thanks Michele. Yes, it is a short one (I just finished recording it, will probably post it within the next few days.)

I think this is an important, and valuable, piece of work, likely to be very popular among listeners. I expect to volunteer for some more sections in time. 8-)
I agree. Dog fanciers are a proud lot, and I will send notice of the completed project to various national dog clubs via their websites. Hopefully they will be interested, and spread the word. I am a member of the AKC, and they should be interested from an historical point of view, as they are mentioned in several places.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Section 5 is PL OK.
I relistened section 6, the noise is a little bit before the time I wrote :oops: maybe it is more like 36:31.
The passage goes like this starting at 36:30:
"He has been shown a great deal in this country" noise "and also given.."
The volume of the noise is rather low, and it sounds maybe a bit like keys.

Spotcheck for the other sections will come tomorrow.
ErinTheFarm

Post by ErinTheFarm »

Hi! Sorry for the delay in getting this back to you - but here is a slightly revised section 15 per the PL notes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyourav ... _128kb.mp3 18:32 duration

I will get a de-amplified section 40 uploaded here in a jif. Thank you!
ErinTheFarm

Post by ErinTheFarm »

Here's v2 of section 40! Thanks for your assistance and advice!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyourav ... _128kb.mp3 duration 11:28

Let me know any other questions! Looking over some of the unclaimed sections to see if there's another I may want to tackle. :)

Thanks!
msfry

Post by msfry »

15 and 40 are PL OK. A perfect edit, too (10 to 15), Erin. I encourage you to read more sections. You have done such a good job!

There are so many hounds in this list. And so many terriers. I think I'll claim the Bloodhound and the Russian Wolfhound myself, just to learn more about them. All the dogs I know are from my participation with my dogs in agility competitions, and I don't recall seeing a bloodhound at a class or a trial, and don't know of any as a house pet. Only saw one Wolfhound (very tall thin elegant animal). So I am curious.

Be sure to hit the Subscribe Topic in the upper left section of this page, to make sure you get email notifications of posts to this forum.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Section 48 is PL OK.
Section 46 seems to be the same file as before? The King Charles still does not have a name...
Roger

Post by Roger »

Section 16, English Water Spaniel has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyourav ... _128kb.mp3

Time: 10:32

Thanks! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Nuria wrote:Section 48 is PL OK.
Section 46 seems to be the same file as before? The King Charles still does not have a name...
Sorry about that. I fixed but must have skipped uploading it. Try it now please. Time is 19:16, Roscious.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

msfry wrote:
Nuria wrote:Section 48 is PL OK.
Sorry about that. I fixed but must have skipped uploading it. Try it now please. Time is 19:16, Roscious.
Section 46 is PL OK now!
sherrilothridge

Post by sherrilothridge »

I would love to read Ch. 9 on the Foxhound after my 1-minute test is checked out. Thanks!

Sherri :D