COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Oh kind sir, please do. Let us lay this restless puppy to rest. :lol:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Section 17 Clumber Spaniel is PL OK!

A very clean reading! I knew only of cocker spaniels and water spaniels and nothing of Clumber Spaniels.

at the 32:59 mark (book page 320) I was shocked to see that several phrases were recorded out of sequence. I was proofing from a .txt file. Because I noticed that all the phrases were there, just in an order different from my text, I downloaded the PDF version of the source file and found that these phrases were elements of a 2-column table. Thus explaining the sequence variation.

Earlier, book page 216, there was a pedigree table, shown as a graphic in the PDF source, which produced gibberish in the .txt source.

The only other divergences were minute, insignificant, microscopic and not worth mentioning. Great job, Michele!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

:clap: :clap: Thanks for PL'ing my final file. This project is ready to be catalogued!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-american-book-of-the-dog-by-various/
Jo
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Jo. I think the running time is way off, so I added it up myself .. gosh that's hard .. and it comes to 18 hours and 17 minutes, give or take some seconds. I've noticed this happening on a few of my other large projects, too. I'm wondering if there is glitch in the system (someone else mentioned it happened on projects over 20 hours, but it happened here, so I am reporting it to you).

If you know of an ap that adds up time, I'd love knowing about it. Mine is called "get husband to punch in numbers while I call them out." :lol:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Jo, I see the run time has changed, but it is still way off, by about 17 hours. Any news on this?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It looks right to me - I don't think your arithmetic was correct. The counter resets when it reaches 23:59 so 1:01:34 should have been 1 day 1 hour 1 minute 59 secs or 25:01:34 if you use hours minutes seconds

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Sorry not to respond sooner, Michele. I'm still not over whatever this latest round of respiratory virus. Thanks Anne for adding the 24 hours for me.

As for adding up times, I use this time calculator g

http://www.grun1.com/utils/timeCalc.html

You still have to enter the individual times, but it adds it up as you go.
Jo
msfry

Post by msfry »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 27th, 2019, 5:58 pm Sorry not to respond sooner, Michele. I'm still not over whatever this latest round of respiratory virus. Thanks Anne for adding the 24 hours for me.

As for adding up times, I use this time calculator g

http://www.grun1.com/utils/timeCalc.html

You still have to enter the individual times, but it adds it up as you go.
:clap: :clap: Whee! A calculator. I have it saved to my desktop now. Thanks!

I ran it twice, and as it only holds about 40 times, you have to add up another column then add them both together, Mine came out 1:00:10:49, or in other words 24 hours:10 minutes:49 seconds both times. That sounds about right.

Does it really matter if it is exactly accurate? I'm not actually sure what the total time means to anyone, except generally to answer "how long a commitment do I have to make to finish this book".

Let me know what time you decide to add, and I will finish up the cover.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Go ahead with your calculated time. I'll adjust in the database accordingly.
Jo
msfry

Post by msfry »

I want to thank everyone who participated on this long project. I am very proud of our achievement. The cover, which lists everybody, has just been uploaded and should soon be linked. Thank you. Thank you all!