COMPLETE The Castle Spectre by Matthew Lewis-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Yes, that was one aspect that worried me, because the song is repeated more than once. Sonia, do you think you could copy and paste the song into a new file and upload as a template? Then we can link it to Angela's and Evelina's sections for easier access.
no problem, actually that's a good idea. Here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_lullaby.mp3

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Excellent! And it's a great tune you made up---very soothing and yet very simple to sing to. :9:
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Alice Acts 1 and 2 are PL OK! As always, Sonia, you capture the very essence of the character. I loved the frequent gasps and the overall jitteriness, as well as the grumpiness at being tossed about so unceremoniously. :lol:

In Act 3, the very first line, "My hair stands on end to hear her!", is missing. This is my fault---somehow I had overlooked colouring it red when I was preparing the script. :oops: I hope it's the only oversight I made. Anyhow, it will only take a few seconds to record and insert, so at least it was not a long speech.

One more bit of good news: the Archive copy of the play is probably the same one Gutenberg Australia used, so no words are out of order or omitted (thankfully). There are some footnotes made by Lewis in the Archive, but they would interrupt the flow of the dialogue, so they can be easily omitted.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:In Act 3, the very first line, "My hair stands on end to hear her!", is missing. This is my fault---somehow I had overlooked colouring it red when I was preparing the script. :oops: I hope it's the only oversight I made. Anyhow, it will only take a few seconds to record and insert, so at least it was not a long speech.
oops, how come I did not notice an uncoloured name ? :oops: anyway, here is the inserted line right at the beginning:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_alice_3.mp3
Recording time: 3:53 min.

and now working on Act 4. Why isn't Alice in Act 5 ? I hope she doesn't die in Act 4 :?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Done ! I have a nice bantering again with Father Philip.

At least she goes out with fierce resolution. But nothing was ever heard of her again :help:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_alice_4.mp3
Recording time: 3:27 min.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Both acts are PL OK, Sonia! I, too, wish Alice had something to do in Act 5. :( I guess she was hiding in her room the whole time, lol.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Both acts are PL OK, Sonia! I, too, wish Alice had something to do in Act 5. :( I guess she was hiding in her room the whole time, lol.
:lol:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"I, too, wish Alice had something to do in Act 5. I guess she was hiding in her room the whole time"

No, I think she was discovered by a talent scout and left the series early to cameo in one of those Scooby Doo Ghost Mysteries. :D

SOTE
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:No, I think she was discovered by a talent scout and left the series early to cameo in one of those Scooby Doo Ghost Mysteries. :D
poor Alice is become a running gag here, I see :mrgreen:

Sonia
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Could you sign me up for Reginald, please.

David O
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

dlolso21 wrote:Could you sign me up for Reginald, please.

David O
Thank you, David! You're signed up. :)
Tomas Peter
kierenmetts

Post by kierenmetts »

Hello!
Here are the files for Muley, Acts II & V. (There's only the one line for Muley in Act V, right? Just want to make sure I didn't miss one! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_muley_2.mp3
04:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_muley_5.mp3
00:14

Thanks very much!
Kieren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kierenmetts wrote:Here are the files for Muley, Acts II & V. (There's only the one line for Muley in Act V, right? Just want to make sure I didn't miss one! :)
Hi Kieren, yes as far as I can see there is only this one sentence, spoken together with Hassan.

Thanks for you contribution, it was nicely acted out. I especially love the scene where they are playing dice, some excellent expressiveness in your reading there :thumbs:

Both acts PL ok.

Hope to hear more from you :) If you're interested in more drama, there's plenty others waiting for good readers (shameless promotion, I know :mrgreen: )

Sonia
kierenmetts

Post by kierenmetts »

Hi Sonia,
Thank you! It's lots of fun, so I would love to dip back into dramatic works...
Cheers,
Kieren
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Reginald - Act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/castlespectre_reginald_5.mp3 12:58

Since 16 years in the dungeons have taken a toll on his health, I recorded this when I was sleepy and allergies were acting up. Please let me know if it sounds to muddy to be understandable.

David O