MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

PM sent to Esther on Nov 11.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Esther has not responded to my PM and she has not been active on the forum since May.

I am therefore looking for the following (can be the same person):

1. Someone to take over as BC and get this project finished up.

2. Someone to read the narrator for the final chapters.

Please post in the thread if you are interested in filling one or both of these roles.

Thanks.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I have orphaned the narrator role for chapters 14 and 15. If you are interested and can submit your recordings within the next 30 days,* please claim in the thread.

Thanks.

MaryAnn

*Asking for a quick turn around on these last two parts so that we can get this project finished up.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 18th, 2018, 8:01 am I have orphaned the narrator role for chapters 14 and 15. If you are interested and can submit your recordings within the next 30 days,* please claim in the thread.

Thanks.

MaryAnn

*Asking for a quick turn around on these last two parts so that we can get this project finished up.
It would sure be good to get this one completed by the four-year mark!
I've got small parts in some of the earlier chapters, including 13, and I am in the middle of another longer narrating project, but these two chapters are quite short. I'll have some extra time over the holidays, so should be able to fit them in.

Seems there's not a whole lot left on the BC end, so maybe I could lend a hand. I haven't tracked down the PL notes to see what needs to be done. Hopefully minor things.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Larry! I've been DPLing this project - one of the major things missing is a couple of songs from one of the otherwise fully recorded chapters. If you take over as BC I would suggest recruiting for the singing role separately.

I'm still here, so happy to PL your narration - I don't remember if you edit? I'm happy to PL the finished chapters also if you do. If you don't edit, someone would need to be recruited for that role also. The chapters are quite short with not a lot of speakers, it would be a relatively easy editing job compared to other DRs!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for helping out Larry. I've added you to the MW.

MaryAnn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, I'll check out what is needed to finish this.
I'm not the most experienced editor -- just a few one-act plays, but I think I could do these.
Just got to get through the next few days, then I'll have some extended time to work on LV.
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Elizabby wrote: March 28th, 2018, 3:37 pm There are still some song lines missing from Chapter 4?

@8:12 to 8:43 there is a long gap for the "Great and Marvelous works..." song

@10:17 there is no gap, but the whole song is missing. "Behold the tabernacle of God..."

@11:43 the last word of the boy's line has been cut off, should be ""I think he is an honest man"
Yes, I thought it was Chapter 4 - there are two songs missing completely (PL notes are on page 11) I think the plan had been for either Adele or Esther to sing them in, as both of them are singers. (The songs were not recorded with the spoken parts, unfortunately.)

Since having the narrator read them in isn't exactly an option now, I suggest creating a new part just called "singer" and having someone sing the two songs - the text and tune are linked in the MW.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I've PLed the narration for the DP and Chapter 13 - so both are now ready to edit.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for sorting this out Beth.
MaryAnn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I think MaryAnn has a nice singing voice doesn't she? :mrgreen:

I'm certainly open to suggestions.
~ Larry
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Elizabby wrote: December 19th, 2018, 1:59 am
Elizabby wrote: March 28th, 2018, 3:37 pm There are still some song lines missing from Chapter 4?

@8:12 to 8:43 there is a long gap for the "Great and Marvelous works..." song

@10:17 there is no gap, but the whole song is missing. "Behold the tabernacle of God..."
Yes, I thought it was Chapter 4 - there are two songs missing completely (PL notes are on page 11) I think the plan had been for either Adele or Esther to sing them in, as both of them are singers. (The songs were not recorded with the spoken parts, unfortunately.)

Since having the narrator read them in isn't exactly an option now, I suggest creating a new part just called "singer" and having someone sing the two songs - the text and tune are linked in the MW.
The songs were going to be group songs. I uploaded a recording for each of them, and it looks like mightyfelix did, too.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/martyr_christians_4_twinkle.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/martyr_youngmaidens_1_twinkle.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/martyr_songs_da.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Twinkle! If you and Devorah have sung them, plus the original singers template by Esther or Adele - I think that's probably enough.

All we need now is an editor to put it together!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I just noticed the recent activity here. Yes, I do remember submitting some songs for this project. Do I need to submit them again, or are they still available? I do still have them on my PC if you need them.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, here is Chapter 13 edited.
The docs have the cast list at the beginning, but one of the parts doesn't have a voice credit, and I noticed that the cast list wasn't included for Chapter 12, so just omitted it since the narrator didn't read them either.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/martyr_13_unknown_128kb.mp3

I'll check out the music when I get a chance. Editing that would be a new experience, so I'm not sure yet.
~ Larry