COMPLETE[Plays] One Act Play Collection 010 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here is my Second Nun (aka one of Sonia's favorite performances of mine :lol: ):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bel ... tewart.mp3
Tomas Peter
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

What Christmas did for Jerusha Grumble is PL-OK! Very nicely done, everyone. (The singing was exceptional as well!)

Many Thanks to MaryAnnSpiegel dlolso21 wib66 Tabea SaraHale mightyfelix

Happy New Year!

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
JayS

Post by JayS »

Hi,
I would to edit Belles of Canterbury and Close the Book if that is okay.
Jay Salam
Nothing sounds as good as audio! 8-)
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

JayS wrote:Hi,
I would to edit Belles of Canterbury and Close the Book if that is okay.
"The Belles of Canterbury" is not ready for editing yet, because we're in the process of collecting lost files, but the other play can be edited! :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Here is my Second Nun (aka one of Sonia's favorite performances of mine :lol: ):
you bet :mrgreen: thanks Tomas. I suppose it is the old file and doesn't have to be re-PLed ?

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:you bet :mrgreen: thanks Tomas. I suppose it is the old file and doesn't have to be re-PLed ?
Yes, it's the same one. I could have recorded it again using my better mic, but then I would have risked losing the magic touch of my first performance, so I thought better of it. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Yes, it's the same one. I could have recorded it again using my better mic, but then I would have risked losing the magic touch of my first performance, so I thought better of it. :mrgreen:
good idea :thumbs:

I re-recorded mine, but my mic was way shittier than yours back then. With me it made an actual big improvement.

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

The Second Nun has been added to the MW.

Note to all--over the next couple of hours, I will be posting what I will call a Status Report as to the status of the projects underway in this collection. This will be based on information I have received from Michelle and gleaned from the boards. (Including who is covering what for whom, as I currently understand it.

My purpose in doing this is two fold (1) to orient myself and get a grip on what is going on. (2) to let everyone see where the gaps are and ascertain areas that still need coverage.

Everyone has been very kind in welcoming me here thus far and I know there will be errors in the Status Report--so I hope you will review it and correct me as needed.

Many, many thanks to all

Philip
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalynda wrote:Here's the Narrator for Belles ...
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bel ... tewart.mp3
Kalynda, what about you, is this a new recording or the old file ?

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DrPGould wrote:What Christmas did for Jerusha Grumble is PL-OK! Very nicely done, everyone. (The singing was exceptional as well!)

Many Thanks to MaryAnnSpiegel dlolso21 wib66 Tabea SaraHale mightyfelix

Happy New Year!

Philip
You're welcome! I can't wait to listen to it when it gets cataloged.

And Happy New Year, everyone!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Ok...here is the status report....bear in mind that if Michelle comes back before we get this catalogued, she'll be taking this over. I do want to BC the play I posted (#10) but anything else that I have listed that I will do, if someone wants to take it on, I'm entirely ok with that.

There are 10 plays on the board.

4 of the plays are complete and ready for cataloging

1-Mosada
6-Proving of Abraham
8-Box & Cox
9-Christmas of Jerusha Grumble

1 Play is ready for editing--

4-Close the Book--Jay S will edit (Philip will PL the edit).

1 Play will be ready for editing when files are re-uploaded:

2-Belles of Canterbury--Jay S will edit (Kitty will PL the new files and the edit).

2 Plays have parts fully assigned.

5-Cathleen ni Houlihan--ShiNeko to Edit, (Philip will PL the edit)

7-Household Gods (Philip to PL and Edit in absence of ChuckW) [IF ChuckW comes back] Philip will PL the Edit

2 Plays have open parts

3-The People (Philip to PL and Edit in the absence of Chuck W) [If ChuckW comes back] Philip will PL the Edit

10-The Fourth Act (Philip to PL and Edit) ??? will PL the Edit.

OK--that's where I think we are. I think most of the holes are covered. If there are additions/corrections, please do not hesitate to let me know. This was an effort solely to clear the fog in my own mind--not to create additional confusion.

Happy New Year to all.

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

At Kitty's suggestion, I have eliminated the old files in the Belles of Canterbury...so anything that is posted there will be new files.

A reminder (as already appears on this board) to the Belles players....please let us know whether you have re-recorded your part or if you have re-submitted the original PL-OK file. It will save time and effort in PL-ing.

Many thanks to all.

Philip
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Kitty wrote:Important Message: As for Belles of Canterbury, NONE of the files was downloadable. So for those readers, I hope you can reupload your copies. If not, maybe let us know whether you want to re-record or release the role for someone else to take over.

Todd, so that we are sure each of the players is reading this, I will PM this announcement :)

Sonia
Yes, I'm pretty sure I still have the file I recorded for that. I will upload it when I get a chance.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Sonia:

Your wife of Bath is PL-OK! Nicely done!

Happy New Year!

Philip
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

I'm afraid I deleted all of my Belles of Canterbury files long, long ago. Sorry. You might want to vacate the role and let someone else re-record, as I'm not sure if I have enough time to do so myself in an expedient fashion.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)