Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

and .... can I please claim?

45 Mrs State Senator Byrd
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have signed you both up to 44 and 45 thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Here is Mrs Byrds husband ... I mean Senator Byrd! ( we know who wears the pants in that family)!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_senatorbyrd_glaspell.mp3

length is 1:24

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
wib66

Post by wib66 »

NemoR wrote:Here is Mrs Byrds husband ... I mean Senator Byrd! ( we know who wears the pants in that family)!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/closethebook_senatorbyrd_glaspell.mp3

length is 1:24

Nemo
thank you for your sections
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Section 27 PL OK
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

May I read The Narrator in The People (24) and Close the Book (37)?
Truth,
James
---------------------
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

what is BC?

also, is there a place where these abbreviations are explained at all? I'm unable to follow much of the conversation here because half the time the abbreviations are obscure..

Cheers.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

EikyTavie wrote:what is BC?

also, is there a place where these abbreviations are explained at all? I'm unable to follow much of the conversation here because half the time the abbreviations are obscure..

Cheers.
BC = Book Coordinator

For this project, each one act play has a single BC in charge of casting, proof listening, and editing.

A quick FAQ that might clarify a few things: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=219
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
EikyTavie

Post by EikyTavie »

ChuckW wrote:
EikyTavie wrote:what is BC?

Cheers.
BC = Book Coordinator

For this project, each one act play has a single BC in charge of casting, proof listening, and editing.

A quick FAQ that might clarify a few things: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=219
I thank you chuck :)
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

I'm finding it difficult to find roles here. I'm in the UK, and I've worked out that I can't read any Susan Glaspell works until 2019. Some of the texts aren't searchable, and hence I can't see how big the roles are.

Are there any small roles that I (middle-aged male, British accent) could fill? I would rather have small roles with just a few lines at present. I would prefer not to add a new play, but help others finish their plays.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RecordingPerson wrote:I'm finding it difficult to find roles here. I'm in the UK, and I've worked out that I can't read any Susan Glaspell works until 2019.
actually, as Glaspell is an American writer, I suppose the "rule of shorter term" applies here. It says that authors that are not European will fall under the copyright rules of the country they are in. As she is American, you don't have to wait for the 70-year-death period. That's how I understood this rule. Had she been British, you would not be allowed to read it, but as she is American, you are. (anybody tell me if I got this wrong :hmm: )
Some of the texts aren't searchable, and hence I can't see how big the roles are.

the archive text is searchable, but it's a bit tricky to get there:

> when you open the page, click on the "magnifier" icon on the right side next to the scanned book. It should open the book larger

> then on that page you can input your character name in the "search" function on the top right side. This should show you some results. It's not always 100% sure they are finding all the results due to bad scans, but it should give you a good approximation though.
Are there any small roles that I (middle-aged male, British accent) could fill? I would rather have small roles with just a few lines at present. I would prefer not to add a new play, but help others finish their plays.
I think all the workers of the magazine in the play The People should be fitting for your voice :)

Sonia
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

Thanks. I thought I found one book where search didn't work even after I clicked on the magnifier. I'll go back and check. (I think it was Glaspell's play, but may have that wrong.)

Tom the Printer might work for me if copyright permits.

EDIT: I get 'Sorry, there is an error with your search. Some text may still be processing.'
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RecordingPerson wrote:EDIT: I get 'Sorry, there is an error with your search. Some text may still be processing.'
true, I just tried it. How annoying. It's probably because of the scans. If you search for "printer" you will get results. You see at least where Tom shows up, so you can maybe browse those pages

I tried with Artist and he is searchable

Sonia