COMPLETE[Plays] One Act Play Collection 010 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JayS wrote: January 29th, 2018, 5:09 pm My wife could read the orphaned parts left if you wish. She has not previously signed up for LV, but I had her read a quick "one minute recording" and uploaded it to LV here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/one_minute_recording_patty_salam.mp3
Well let me check Patty's test then. I am totally not surprised she passed all the technicals specifications ;) since Jay should know all about the correct settings by now :mrgreen: Other than that, the reading is absolutely great, well articulated, easy to understand and follow and - most importantly here for drama - very expressive. :thumbs:

Patty, you have passed the test on every level. Test: OK (a bit unorthodox, since it should have been done in the Listeners Wanted forum, but this will have to do.) If anyone ever asks you about your test, refer to this post. :)

The only thing you still need to do is register officially (or have you done that already ?) so we can create a personal Reader's Page for you. I have a feeling this may not be your only contribution, once you've caught the LibriVox bug. :9:

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Tomas:

Your Patrick Gillane was spot on! Perfectly read! Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Eva:

Your Emily was very nicely done! PL-OK!

Many thanks,

Philip
benderca

Post by benderca »

So here's the poor old woman. The accent sounds like a conglomeration between pseudo-Irish, film-Scottish, and American. I hope it doesn't offend anyone's ethnic sensibilities too terribly much... It was, after all, an orphaned part, so I came riding in on my Irish-Scottish-American white steed to save the day... :wink:

21 The Poor Old Woman
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cathleennihoulihan_thepooroldwoman_yeats.mp3

No worries about copyrights for my songs -- they are all original compositions. You can sing them to your kids if you like. :D
JayS

Post by JayS »

Here is the part of Griselda for Belles of Canterbury ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesofcanterbury_griselda_stewart_128kb.mp3
Jay Salam
Nothing sounds as good as audio! 8-)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JayS wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 4:09 pm Here is the part of Griselda for Belles of Canterbury ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesofcanterbury_griselda_stewart_128kb.mp3
Hi and thank you for the section. Does your wife now have her own account and forum name so I can add her to the database for the code generator for this project.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

benderca wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 5:39 am So here's the poor old woman. The accent sounds like a conglomeration between pseudo-Irish, film-Scottish, and American. I hope it doesn't offend anyone's ethnic sensibilities too terribly much... It was, after all, an orphaned part, so I came riding in on my Irish-Scottish-American white steed to save the day... :wink:

21 The Poor Old Woman
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cathleennihoulihan_thepooroldwoman_yeats.mp3

No worries about copyrights for my songs -- they are all original compositions. You can sing them to your kids if you like. :D
thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Griselda in Belles
Missing Line at the end

From all my mates some lesson you might learn.

if you could edit and reupload using the same filename thanks
Michele
JayS

Post by JayS »

Hi Michele,
Sorry for missing that line. Thanks for catching that.
Here it is again with the line added. Ready again for PL.

Another issue: In previous plays I have edited, when there is a stage direction associated with the character such as -- HAROLD: (softly )blah, blah, blah -- it was read by the narrator as "Harold, softly" including the character name. In this play the narrator did not include the name. How do you want that edited? I have been going back to where the name had been spoken and adding it to the stage direction, but in some cases it does not sound completely contiguous. Any ideas?

Jay Salam
Nothing sounds as good as audio! 8-)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wib66 wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 4:18 pm Hi and thank you for the section. Does your wife now have her own account and forum name so I can add her to the database for the code generator for this project.
I checked and Patty registered on February 1. So I opened her Reader Page just now and assigned her the role :)

Patty, here is your Reader Page: https://librivox.org/reader/12247
You can see the projects you are participating in on this page, and if you click "Reader Section Details", you can see all your outstanding claims.

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Griselda is PL-OK! Nicely read Patty! Welcome to Librivox!!!

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

TJ:

The Poor Old Woman is PL-OK! Nicely done.

Many thanks,

Philip
benderca

Post by benderca »

DrPGould wrote: February 4th, 2018, 5:24 pm TJ:

The Poor Old Woman is PL-OK! Nicely done.

Many thanks,

Philip
Thanks!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Quick question as I finish up the role of "Junior":

Eva (Emily) pronounces "Hippolyta" with a short "o" and Availle, who plays Hippolyta, says it with a long "o" -- but she doesn't actually say it in the play, only in the voice credits. I first recorded it like Availle with a long "o" because it's a Greek name. But when I did an online search, I found the English pronunciation would be more like Eva's. I've recorded both. Any preference?

I know, I know. Everyone is probably thinking: who cares? just get it done. it's the last bleepin' part..., but if anyone has a preference, I'm too tired to make life-altering decisions such as this one. :D

TJ
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

TJ:

In "real life" individuals pronounce the same name differently. (My last name--Gould--is sometimes pronounced like a certain precious metal; but my family--for generations--has pronounced it GOOld.) My recommendation is that you use the one that you are most comfortable with. I appreciate the care and concern you show for the project, but there are as many answers to that question as there are stars in the sky (and as many justifications for the answers).

Many thanks,

Philip