[Complete] The Glories of Ireland by Dunn/Lennox - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JennyA

Post by JennyA »

adr6090 wrote:I do have a question in regard to the Irish language.
I have completed the audio for sections 9 & 33, though have not posted those yet.

Recording those there seemed to be some words in the Irish language and I was not comfortable with my pronunciation. Now what?

April
I can hopefully help - what words are you having trouble with?
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Jenny,
It felt as though I stumbled on most of the Irish words.
I plan to listen to my audio files tomorrow to edit my obvious mistakes so I will be better able to answer your question about which Irish words I had trouble with.

April
JennyA

Post by JennyA »

adr6090 wrote:Jenny,
It felt as though I stumbled on most of the Irish words.
I plan to listen to my audio files tomorrow to edit my obvious mistakes so I will be better able to answer your question about which Irish words I had trouble with.

April
No problem - I'll do my best to help. I left Ireland about a decade ago but I haven't forgotten everything yet :)
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Jenny,
you wrote :

No problem - I'll do my best to help. I left Ireland about a decade ago but I haven't forgotten everything yet :)

Sounds wonderful to me to have your assistance.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Mrs. Hand,
Good morning to you. I had thought that section number 09 is a section that I had claimed & not section 29. I can and will claim 29. Though I would like to claim 09 please. That gives me 4 sections, which sounds like a wonderful number, on this project which is good with me so long as it is good with you.
Thank you,
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Here is section 09; Irish Metalworks

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/gloriesofireland_09_dunn_128kb.mp3 time 13:29
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Jenny,
I finished and posted section 09 & tomorrow I will work on the final editing and posting of section 33 (that is where the Irish words are that I am certain are not pronounced correctly. I will avail myself of the links for that specificity & see how it goes than. :roll: )
April
JennyA

Post by JennyA »

adr6090 wrote:Jenny,
I finished and posted section 09 & tomorrow I will work on the final editing and posting of section 33 (that is where the Irish words are that I am certain are not pronounced correctly. I will avail myself of the links for that specificity & see how it goes than. :roll: )
April
I was very naughty and took a quick listen to the first few minutes of what you posted for the Metalwork chapter. You have a lovely voice :) I can hear a few words where the Irish names got the better of you (as they would for most English speakers). If you end up re-recording this for some other reason and would like some specific guidance, let me know. It's not unintelligible as is, so don't worry about it if you aren't a perfectionist! I know that LibriVox doesn't expect perfection from volunteers and most listeners won't know the difference anyway.

The only non-Irish comment I have is that the ‎£ is the pound sign - Ireland used to use Irish pounds, like the UK still does with sterling pounds. Now the Republic of Ireland uses the Euro like the rest of the European Union, and Northern Ireland uses sterling pounds.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

9 PL OK.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Craig,
Thank you for the pl okay for section 09. :clap:

Jenny,
Thank you for the compliment. I am somewhat of a perfectionist by nature though I also realize that I do need to let some things "rest" & since there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day, I will let chapter 9 rest.
Thank you for the hints on the certain areas that you picked up on.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Jenny,
Please do have a listen to the Gaelic line at around 7:14.
Based on your recommendation I may edit or post this file.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Jenny,
Oops once again. Let me try this once more.

Hold on, I think I will just post it and you can listen from there if you'd like.

April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Here is section 33; Irish wit and humor. Let me know if there are any corrections that need to be made.
Thanks,
April

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofireland_33_dunn_128kb.mp3 time 14:55
JennyA

Post by JennyA »

I'm afraid you will get no pronunciation help from me for the line around 7:14. It's in Latin :) You made as good as job of it as I could, anyway!!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Stupendous of us to not be as knowledgeable as we would like, eh? :thumbs:
Thank you for the quick reply. One would imagine that we live right next door to each other.
April