[Complete] From the Easy Chair Vol 1, G.W. Curtis - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ajarmus wrote: Thanks. I'd like to go by AJ. Also (newbie question)... what/where is the magic widow? :D
8-) I'll change that for you.
And don't worry about newbie questions... we were all new once :D The Magic Window (or MW) is in the first post... the box with all the sections and who they are assigned to. For you, it's just for information; but for Metacoordinaors (MCs), Book Coordinators (BCs) and Dedicated Proof Listeners (DPLs), we get to open the window and modify the information there and it works... like magic (to those of us who are technically challenged... I'm sure some people would say it was all logical).
Mattaghetti

Post by Mattaghetti »

I'd like to finish this book out by doinmg 1, 7, 8, 10 and 24!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mattaghetti wrote:I'd like to finish this book out by doinmg 1, 7, 8, 10 and 24!
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Mattaghetti

Post by Mattaghetti »

Lynnet wrote:
Mattaghetti wrote:I'd like to finish this book out by doinmg 1, 7, 8, 10 and 24!
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Hello! Thank you for the response! I have my recording ready and just need to be added to the list of MCs!

Either Mattaghetti or my name is ok, but I would prefer to go by Matthew Squaire (pronounced in a mid evil way, not like the shape) and I have a Twitter handle, if I could use that as my website? (twitter.com/mattaghetti)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mattaghetti wrote:
Lynnet wrote:
Lynne
Hello! Thank you for the response! I have my recording ready and just need to be added to the list of MCs!

Either Mattaghetti or my name is ok, but I would prefer to go by Matthew Squaire (pronounced in a mid evil way, not like the shape) and I have a Twitter handle, if I could use that as my website? (twitter.com/mattaghetti)
I think you mean the catalog of readers -- and I've already added you :) MCs or Meta Coordinators are the admins at Librivox and by invitation only. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your personal catalog page, where you can keep track of your commitments. Once your test has been approved, please follow the instructions in the first post for uploading files for this project.
Lynne
Mattaghetti

Post by Mattaghetti »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fromtheeasychair1_01_curtis_128kb.mp3

That should take care of the first section! If so, I'll blow through the others pretty fast!

Also, I proof-listened to it 3 times end to end while reading along. Feel free to, but it did sound good!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mattaghetti wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fromtheeasychair1_01_curtis_128kb.mp3

That should take care of the first section! If so, I'll blow through the others pretty fast!

Also, I proof-listened to it 3 times end to end while reading along. Feel free to, but it did sound good!
Thank you. How long is the file please?
Mattaghetti

Post by Mattaghetti »

Sorry, it is 15:08.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mattaghetti wrote:Sorry, it is 15:08.
:thumbs:
Mattaghetti

Post by Mattaghetti »

Got #7, Phillis, done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fromtheeasychairvol1_07_curtis_128kb.mp3

I also proof-listened to this one, 100% through with headphones in, twice. It clocks in at 7:17.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Mattaghetti wrote:Got #7, Phillis, done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fromtheeasychairvol1_07_curtis_128kb.mp3

I also proof-listened to this one, 100% through with headphones in, twice. It clocks in at 7:17.
Thank you.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Hello, Mattaghetti,
Thank you for the submission. I did not have a chance to listen yet, looking forward to listening in a few days.
Let me offer some technical feedback before you submit other recordings, these rules are for all LV projects, not only this one:
1. Both sections are recorded in stereo, should be mono. see the BEFORE recording section of the head post. Fortunately, that's an easy fix: open the file in Audacity and do Tracks > Stereo to Mono.
2. "fromtheeasychair1_01_curtis_128kb.mp3" should be named "fromtheeasychairvol1_01_curtis_128kb.mp3", see the AFTER recording section of the head post. The naming structure is not flexible.
3. Sec.1 is too loud, sec.7 is acceptable, but on the upper volume threshold. Both files could benefit from compression (see http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Dynamic_Range_Compression)
4. It is a good idea to check the files with the Checker (http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker) before submission.

Thank you for the patience, will listen ASAP.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have an orphan
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I will claim section 11; Urbs and Rus

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team