compl[DUTCH] Statenvertaling: het Evangelie van Johannes -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Congratulations on completing your first solo!! :clap: :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/bible-sv-nt-04-het-evangelie-van-johannes-by-statenvertaling/

Please let me know if anything looks amiss on the catalog page :)
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thanks Kathrine, great to see this project online now! I've one question: shouldn't there be a Dutch description as well? I'd be happy to provide one if it is wanting.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Yes, if you want to add a Dutch description, that would be great :) You can just post it in the thread, and I'll add it :9:
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Alright Kathrine, here is my description:
De Statenvertaling is de eerste officiële Nederlandstalige Bijbelvertaling, die rechtstreeks uit het oorspronkelijke talen werd vertaald. Behalve op religieus terrein, heeft de Statenbijbel ook op taalkundig en politiek terrein een niet te onderschatten betekenis. Vele uitdrukkingen en gezegden in de Nederlandse taal zijn ontleend aan de Statenvertaling. Het Evangelie van Johannes is een van de bekendste boeken uit de Bijbel en bevat een beschrijving van het leven en de leer van de Heere Jezus Christus.
It is partly based on Wikipedia with some additions by me (which are in the public domain of course).

Hope this helps! Thanks!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Great, thank you! I've added it to both the catalog page and the archive page. I left the English sentence in at the beginning, but we might take it out and just have the Dutch there. Do you have any preferences? :D
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thank you!

I don't think the English description will harm anyone, but on the other hand I think that English speaking people simply aren't interested in a Dutch Bible, so maybe it is superfluous. I myself don't mind either way.

By the way, the title says "Bible (SV) NT 04: het Evangelie van Johannes", but the Dutch word for "Bible" is "Bijbel". Should it be "Bijbel (SV) NT 04: het Evangelie van Johannes" then? I don't know what the customs for cataloging are.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I have added Bijbel to the title on archive and the librivox homepage. I'm not quite happy yet with how one might find it on the librivox homepage, but I will keep working on it, so that it is findable. :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

When I search on Bijbel now in the catalog (LibriVox and archive), your recording comes up :) Thank you for all your work and congratulations on finishing your first solo! :clap:
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thank you Kathrine! It feels good to contribute to LibriVox. Thank you and Carolin too for your help.

I've one question though. Sometimes while listening to a LibriVox recording, there is a minor mistake that slipped through the PL process. Especially with the larger works, such things just happen. No doubt however this is the case with my recording as well sooner or later. So my question is: what if I stumble upon such a mistake? Is it now "case closed" or should I report it?