COMPLETE[Play] The School for Wives by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:May I claim section 2, Oronte, please.

Nemo
great, thanks Nemo :9: since I'm at it, I'll sign you up as well (and then I really go to bed)

That means, only one role left....any takers ?

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Here is Oronte, Act 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_oronte_5.mp3

Length is 2:49

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Nemo, that was fast. You gave Oronte a more "dignified" elderly tone, which is fitting :thumbs: Quite a small role, and flawlessly done, no bits missing. Easily marked PL ok.

Sonia
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and yet another perfect Act in :9: thanks so much Peter, for your speedy work. These huge monologues would be very trying for me.

And you know what I simply loved here ? It's only a very tiny noise, the one you make when Arnolphe muses and then suddenly notices the notary. It sounded so genuinely startled, perfect.

Act 4 PL ok.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

I can take Enrique if you'd like. :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ChuckW wrote:I can take Enrique if you'd like. :-)
And with that we are full!

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Another teeny-tiny part in a big, big play.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_enrique_5.mp3
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Another teeny-tiny part in a big, big play.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_enrique_5.mp3
a tiny part maybe, but still very crucial for the outcome. Well acted out, love the characterization of Enrique of a more thoughtful person, in contrast to the rather often enraged Arnolphe.

PL ok

Sonia
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I applaud your patience to read "Arnolphe thinking himself alone" for what feels like 3 dozen times :? Everything excellently read. I only will make a note to Todd that the volume is only around 80-82 dB (I had to crank it up quite a bit to hear enough, my ears are not the best, I’m afraid :( ) But the volume will get adjusted anyway.

Acts 2, 4 and 5 are immediately PL ok.

PL note for Act 1:

> at 0:30: the dramatis personae are totally missing. Todd, do you need them read by Ava, or will we be using only the readers’ voice credits ? I fear many of them did not include the attributes “friend to Arnolphe”, “in love with Agnes”, etc, and it would maybe be a good idea if the narrator read that out :hmm: I remember we use those attributes in other plays, it's nice to tell the listener beforehand, who's who.

PL note for Act 3:

> at 0:56: missing line “rises” (p. 370 middle)

Thanks ! Now Todd can start assembling. I feel a busy weekend coming up...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unreadpages wrote:Here is Arnolphe Act 5
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolforwives_arnolphe_5.mp3
12:43
Peter
hurray !! thanks so much. I'll put it in the MW for now, but I cannot PL at the moment. Will do it as soon as possible.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
> at 0:30: the dramatis personae are totally missing. Todd, do you need them read by Ava, or will we be using only the readers’ voice credits ? I fear many of them did not include the attributes “friend to Arnolphe”, “in love with Agnes”, etc, and it would maybe be a good idea if the narrator read that out :hmm: I remember we use those attributes in other plays, it's nice to tell the listener beforehand, who's who.

Sonia
Yes, I would like to have the “friend to Arnolphe”, “in love with Agnes” read for the Dramatis Personae. So if the narration is "Xyz name, what it says in the MW, read by ___" that would be great. While I will overwrite this if the character readers have properly done this, I still like having the "Xyz name" part in the narrator voice cuz sometimes I have to put a character name to a stage direction that while perfectly clear on paper is too liable to confuse when spoken.

Delighted to be able to start assembly of this now so I can hear how you all sound!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all for the parts and the PL!

Todd