COMPLETE[PLAY] The Schoolmistress by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Could these be Todd-ready? :hmm: :hmm: Let's dare to find out ....

some missing lines:

> at about 3:54: (p. 22): What's that ?
> at about 7:40: (p. 41): What is he doing now - the Guy Fawkes ?
> at about 11:26: missing girls line (p. 58): Au revoir Miss Dyott. Bon voyage Miss Dyott (did you want to sneak out of French duty ;) ? )

and while you're at it, something else you could to to make Todd's life easier:

> at 4:11, 4:40, 9:52 and 11:41: please leave some editing space here (we want to stay in Todd's good graces :mrgreen: )

> at 10:13-10:17: here you could actually delete the silence as it's all one speaking chunk

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_peggyhesslerigge_1.mp3 <- edited!
I have found some more places where you need to insert some editing space for Todd:

> at 0:13, from 4:17-4:24, 5:22, 6:00, 8:56, 8:59 and 11:01

I would suggest, you start inserting the pauses from the last to the first, otherwise the time-stamps will not be valid anymore, and you might have a hard time finding them

and then some missing sentences:

> at about 4:20: “He’s heard it” (p. 74)
> at about 10:02: “Brave girls, I was afraid they’d falter (p. 105)
> at about 10:34: missing “Girls”-sentence: “Hush !” (p. 112)
> at about 11:27: two missing “All”-sentences: “What’s the matter ?” (p. 118) and “What is the matter ? (p. 119)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_peggyhesslerigge_2.mp3 <- edited!

:shock: let's see how it went ...
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote:Could these be Todd-ready? :hmm: :hmm: Let's dare to find out ....
as far as I can see, everything is in now, and definitely Todd-proof :thumbs:

Peggy 1 & 2 PL ok, yay !!!!

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote:Yes, I recorded this several weeks ago, and missed the latest and then saw the notes in the MW. Glad I waited before doing the next act.

Thanks, Sonia.
Bertie Wooster, eh? Well, I've got these corrections ready to edit in.
The landscapers have been in the neighborhood all morning -- the day I had free to record, but I think I hear some silence, so I'll try to make as much progress as I can.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

you didn't mean ME with the "all-seeing eye", did you ? :shock:

Well, Peggy Act 3 is brilliant again. I love the "faux-innocent" voice you sometimes put on ;) And sobbing for Mallory to play the helpless girl really was the perfect way to ensnare a future husband who wants to protect her (as if she needed protecting). :mrgreen:

And the laugh at the end is great !!!! I hope Todd doesn't forget to insert that one. It can aptly replace the stage direction on page 176 (Peggy laughs at Queckett) :clap:

Only found 2 tiny things.... (sorry :oops: )

> at 1:37: needs a longer editing pause here (all the other pauses were perfect, I see you mend the errors of your ways :mrgreen: )

> right after the laugh at the end, there is one missing group sentence: "Tyler !" (also p. 176)

And that's it. You did really well. Can't wait to hear Peggy's scenes edited together, especially with Mallory and Queckett. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote:Well, I've got these corrections ready to edit in.
did you re-upload already ? :hmm:

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thank you sooooo much :9: for the encouragement and corrections.

Yes, I'm getting better at spacing, let's see if I can hold this improvement for next time. :D

Peggy was extremely hard and I will probably not do a main character again super-soon, but she was also a juicy challenge.

Corrections back before long ....
Eva D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote:Peggy was extremely hard and I will probably not do a main character again super-soon, but she was also a juicy challenge.
yes I agree it was a hard role and you were very brave to tackle it so soon in your drama career. But it turned out excellent, and isn't that the most rewarding thing in the end ? :9:

Peggy Act 3 is now Spot PL ok

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

There is a saying among actors and actresses in English.

"Always leave the audience wanting more."

I would say that all the troupe would agree that you have definitely done that, bluechien.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I assembled most of Act 2 last night. I think you all sound great together!

You know, when you explain our "no audition, claims in order by choice, no director's guidance on accent/voice/characterization, no negative feedback to readers" philosophy, it really seems impossible that we could produce any product. And yet every time, you all come out better together than any pre-planned play could. Wonderful.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:You know, when you explain our "no audition, claims in order by choice, no director's guidance on accent/voice/characterization, no negative feedback to readers" philosophy, it really seems impossible that we could produce any product. And yet every time, you all come out better together than any pre-planned play could. Wonderful.
what can I say: we all came out on top of "The World's Got Talent" contest :mrgreen:

Seriously, I agree, I am astonished over and over again by how great these plays turn out. Well, we all give our best, and this is rewarded with a great outcome. :9:

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:There is a saying among actors and actresses in English.

"Always leave the audience wanting more."
My goal was "not to let down the real actors," so thank you very, very, much, Chris.
Eva D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Whew! Act 2 comes in at an hour and 5 minutes - without Queckett yet! Hopefully it will fit within the 72 minutes allowed becuz there is not good place to stop all the madcap action!!!

Thanks, Todd