COMPLETE[PLAY] The Schoolmistress by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 is ready for final PL. Enjoy.

And I will launch the next Pinero, "Dandy Dick", now while I get ready to complete the editing on Act 3 here...

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 2 is ready for final PL. Enjoy.
:shock: over one hour !!!! I'll start but might not finish tonight...it's midnight now. But I will enjoy it !
And I will launch the next Pinero, "Dandy Dick", now while I get ready to complete the editing on Act 3 here...
good, I'll be on the lookout :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

almost 2 a.m. but I was hooked (and tomorrow is Sunday anyway...well today actually)

Act 2 is such a hoot :lol: 8-) Brilliant dialogues, totally funny and you all do your roles perfectly :clap:

I would say this is PL ok, unless you might consider this small edit Todd:

> at 16:49: "Mr. Queckett is Miss Dyott's....Be quiet": the pause is too long here, doesn't make sense Peggy would not finish the sentence unless Queckett really cuts her off

Other than that, all fine. The mixing of voices is really creating mayhem :mrgreen: Well done, yet again. Now looking forward to Act 3.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Good catch on the gap at 16:49. I fixed that. New file uploaded for spot check.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Good catch on the gap at 16:49. I fixed that. New file uploaded for spot check.
yep ! that's more like it :thumbs:

Act 2 PL ok :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay, Act 3 is ready for Final PL. Grand confusion!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ex-cel-lent ending :clap: this was really wow ! There was nobody out of character at any point and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I especially loved the dialogues Queckett/Rankling - Queckett/Miss Dyott - Rankling/Mrs Rankling. We all had a good chemistry going here.

I think we can mark this PL ok.

There was only one point:

> at 36:08: [covering his face with his handkerchief] should come after Rankling's speech (you put it before), but maybe it doesn't matter, it's also ok this way, I find.

So PL ok and The Schoolmistress is open for general public :9:

We achieved something great here. Special thanks to Todd for suggesting it and putting it all together, even under extreme pain. Without you, LV would not have so many great plays. :clap:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I purposely put that direction before Rankling's speech. I had removed the stage direction that said he spoke emotionally (since he did that in the audio), and I thought that the idea of hiding his face behind the handkerchief went well to convey that while he was feeling emotion, he could not look Mrs Rankling in the eye and confess it but rather just say that he could not find even a necktie without her help. I can change it if you wish.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

quickly before I sleep: Todd, it's ok the way you had it.

Let's release the play :D

good night

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Working on cataloging now. I really like this play and LOVE the performances you have all provided!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This play is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-schoolmistress-by-arthur-wing-pinero/

Thanks to all of you!

Todd