COMPLETE[PLAY] The Schoolmistress by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Missing a line for Dinah - top of page 19 - "Oh, I shall never forget the scene. I never shall."

Missing line for Gwendolyn, Peggy, Dinah - p22 - "What's That?" and "The Mystery!"

Missing line for Dinah - bottom p23 - "No! No!" (You read "Addressed to me" which is an error in Gutenberg, I guess)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Missing a line for Dinah - top of page 19 - "Oh, I shall never forget the scene. I never shall."
Missing line for Gwendolyn, Peggy, Dinah - p22 - "What's That?" and "The Mystery!"
Missing line for Dinah - bottom p23 - "No! No!" (You read "Addressed to me" which is an error in Gutenberg, I guess)
:cry: I feared there would be discrepancies I overlooked. Well, this won't happen anymore from now on. Luckily they are not that many.

Did you PM the readers, Todd ? They might not be looking in the thread now that their roles were PL approved. I can do it if you wish :)

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Leanne, the missing parts are in now :) Had a bit of trouble finding them without the time-stamps, but luckily the file was not that long :lol:

I somehow remembered to have checked that "The mystery !" line already. Strange that it was still missing. :hmm: On page 2 of this thread I marked it PL ok with that line in...did we get a wrong file into the MW ?

Todd, everything else ok from the first act ? At least that was not so much wrong then. What a relief.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Todd, everything else ok from the first act ? At least that was not so much wrong then. What a relief.

Sonia
Sorry - I have only gotten as far as Miss Dyott's entry in Act 1. Maybe will get more tonight...

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Sorry - I have only gotten as far as Miss Dyott's entry in Act 1. Maybe will get more tonight...
snipping my hope in the bud :( right...Miss Dyott, I hope I myself don't have to re-do many of those lines. :?

well, I'll check in tonight then and you let me know

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay, done with Act 1 for the parts so far. Only one missing line for Miss Dyott, top of page 52: "Where is Miss Rankling?"

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Okay, done with Act 1 for the parts so far. Only one missing line for Miss Dyott, top of page 52: "Where is Miss Rankling?"
pooh only one :) here is the missing line in a new file, for easier reference. Thanks Todd !

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_miss_dyott_1_missingline.mp3

Sonia
kierenmetts

Post by kierenmetts »

Hello!
Here is the new Gwendoline, Act I, with the two missing lines added.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_gwendoline_1.mp3

Thanks!
Kieren
kierenmetts

Post by kierenmetts »

Here's the duration for the new Gwendoline, Act I:

03:25

Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kierenmetts wrote:Hello!
Here is the new Gwendoline, Act I, with the two missing lines added.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/schoolmistress_gwendoline_1.mp3

Thanks!
Kieren
thanks Kieren !!! missing lines PL ok :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks so much Kalynda. I loved your rendition of Ermyntrude. In the beginning she sounded quite snobbish but as she progresses she becomes more feeling towards her friends. I liked that transition.

Unfortunately, you missed quite a few lines, all of them either marked as "Girls" or "All". Could you please insert those at the right spots ? I give you the time stamps and page numbers below, for easier reference.

Act 1:

> at about 1:30:
two missing "Girls" lines (p. 22):
"What's that ?"
"The mystery !"

Act 2:

> at about 0:37:
two missing lines (p. 98):
"Well considering that Mr Saunders was introduced to us asleep, I don't think Gwendoline's behaviour is comme il faut !"
"Oh !"

> at about 1:09:
missing "All" line (p. 118): "What's the matter ?"
missing "All" line (p. 119): "What is the matter ?"

> at about 1:23:
missing "Girls" and "All" lines (p. 123)
"We're ready. Take us away !"
"Take it quietly! What for ?"
"The Escape ! Where is it ?"

Act 3:

> at about 1:19:
missing "All" line (p. 141): "What's the matter ?"

> at about 1:24:
missing "Girls" line (p. 142): "Oh !"

> at 1:26:
"Here's Admiral Rankling" and "Oh!" are spoken without any break in between, but they need to get pasted to different spots. Could you leave out a bit of space there please ?

> at about 1:43:
missing "All" line (p. 146): "What's that ?"

> Also, all three files are only about 84 dB. Could you maybe amplify them a little bit ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Stage directions for Act 2 uploaded, in the MW. (Still have some corrections to make to Act 1.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Stage directions for Act 2 uploaded, in the MW. (Still have some corrections to make to Act 1.)
wow :shock: a huge act once again. But no errors or missing parts found, so Act 2 is PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia