[COMPLETE] The World's Desire-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Penumbra
Posts: 857
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » September 15th, 2017, 7:58 am

OK, section 11 is fine except that the audio volume is only 84.7 which is below the 86 to 92db range. This time you can't just increase amplitude because there are some louder bits that would be clipped in order to get the overall level above 86. Your best bet (and please forgive me if you already know this) is to use the compressor effect with threshold set to -12db and the "make up gain for 0 db after compressing" box checked. The default values for the other sliders should be fine.
Tom Penn

eldendwar
Posts: 42
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 9:36 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Contact:

Post by eldendwar » September 18th, 2017, 9:29 pm

Ok. So sorry about that. I found out what was happening. The recording level was lower than usual. Once I put it back, my other recording are louder.

I can do 13, 14 and 15 as well. I'll have these done by end of week.

This has been really challenging and fun so far!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/worldsdesire_11_haggard_128kb.mp3
33:56

Penumbra, thanks for the tip. Think it worked!

miss stav
Posts: 13300
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » September 18th, 2017, 11:15 pm

How wonderful. THey are all yours. Thanks.
Looking for an easy read? Try Mollie's Pirnce and Nature And Art. Want to read a civil war novel? Try Order Number 11. Like feminist fiction? Try The Hevenly Twins.

Penumbra
Posts: 857
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » September 19th, 2017, 11:29 am

eldendwar wrote:Ok. So sorry about that. I found out what was happening. The recording level was lower than usual. Once I put it back, my other recording are louder.

I can do 13, 14 and 15 as well. I'll have these done by end of week.

This has been really challenging and fun so far!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/worldsdesire_11_haggard_128kb.mp3
33:56

Penumbra, thanks for the tip. Think it worked!
Section 11 is PL OK! :clap:
And thank you for picking up 13, 14, and 15!
Tom Penn

eldendwar
Posts: 42
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 9:36 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Contact:

Post by eldendwar » September 25th, 2017, 8:52 pm

You're welcome!!! I should be finished with these by Friday of this week!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_12_haggard_128kb.mp3

18:50

miss stav
Posts: 13300
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » September 25th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Thanks
Looking for an easy read? Try Mollie's Pirnce and Nature And Art. Want to read a civil war novel? Try Order Number 11. Like feminist fiction? Try The Hevenly Twins.

Penumbra
Posts: 857
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » September 26th, 2017, 9:20 am

eldendwar wrote:You're welcome!!! I should be finished with these by Friday of this week!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_12_haggard_128kb.mp3

18:50
Section 12 is PL OK! :clap:

Your volume is now a little on the high side. Dial it back 2 db for future recordings and it will be just right.

If you want to check your own volume level before submitting a file, you can use the checker program, which you can get to from this wiki page: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker. You don't have to do it since the DPL will, but some people like to check their files themselves. If you do use the checker program, use it only for volume level, as it may give you some failure notices that don't matter.
Thank you.
Tom Penn

Annyiee
Posts: 142
Joined: July 30th, 2015, 2:21 pm
Location: BC Canada

Post by Annyiee » September 30th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Hi, could I read the entire Book 3? Chapters 20 thru 27 (28?)

Thanks/Annyiee

eldendwar
Posts: 42
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 9:36 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Contact:

Post by eldendwar » September 30th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Penumbra wrote:
eldendwar wrote:You're welcome!!! I should be finished with these by Friday of this week!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_12_haggard_128kb.mp3

18:50
Section 12 is PL OK! :clap:

Your volume is now a little on the high side. Dial it back 2 db for future recordings and it will be just right.

If you want to check your own volume level before submitting a file, you can use the checker program, which you can get to from this wiki page: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker. You don't have to do it since the DPL will, but some people like to check their files themselves. If you do use the checker program, use it only for volume level, as it may give you some failure notices that don't matter.
Thank you.

Thanks, Tom! I will take it down a notch. I know I said I'd be done this week, but I'm trying to finish my first short story. Writing is hard!

:D

Book 2, Chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_13_haggard_128kb.mp3

23:03

miss stav
Posts: 13300
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » September 30th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Thanks. And, yes, writing a book is hard.
Looking for an easy read? Try Mollie's Pirnce and Nature And Art. Want to read a civil war novel? Try Order Number 11. Like feminist fiction? Try The Hevenly Twins.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 29198
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » October 1st, 2017, 12:30 am

Stav - did you miss the claim above the one you answered ?

Anne
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.

miss stav
Posts: 13300
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » October 1st, 2017, 12:57 am

Annyiee wrote:Hi, could I read the entire Book 3? Chapters 20 thru 27 (28?)

Thanks/Annyiee
Sure. It is a ll yours. Have a lot oflaim. Anne, thanks for prommpting me to look again.
Looking for an easy read? Try Mollie's Pirnce and Nature And Art. Want to read a civil war novel? Try Order Number 11. Like feminist fiction? Try The Hevenly Twins.

Penumbra
Posts: 857
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » October 1st, 2017, 5:37 pm

eldendwar wrote: Thanks, Tom! I will take it down a notch. I know I said I'd be done this week, but I'm trying to finish my first short story. Writing is hard!

:D

Book 2, Chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_13_haggard_128kb.mp3

23:03
Section 13 is PL OK! :clap:
Well done! Thank you. And the best of luck with your short story.
Tom Penn

Penumbra
Posts: 857
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » October 1st, 2017, 5:51 pm

Stav or Anne: should the Palinode at the end of the book be its own section (28) or is it part of section 27?
Tom Penn

miss stav
Posts: 13300
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » October 1st, 2017, 8:55 pm

Depends how long it is. How long is it?
Looking for an easy read? Try Mollie's Pirnce and Nature And Art. Want to read a civil war novel? Try Order Number 11. Like feminist fiction? Try The Hevenly Twins.

Post Reply