[COMPLETE] The World's Desire-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both.
When you read the preface, read the dedication, no need for the contents.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Not sure if the beginning will be correct - preface

Should Lang be there as well?

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_00_haggard_128kb.mp3 5m07

thanks/Annyiee
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, Lang should be there as well.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Stav: the poem that follows the preface and precedes book 1 was not read as part of section 1. Do we want to ask Anyiee to include it with the preface? Otherwise it won't appear anywhere in the recording.

Anyiee: if the answer is yes (and you are willing to read it), please also read the authors' initials at the end of the preface. I know I said otherwise before (sorry :oops: ), but I think it becomes helpful to have them to underline the boundary between the end of the preface and the beginning of the work. Thank you.
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Anyiee: you also might consider wording the intro to section 0 as something like "Dedication and preface to The World's Desire..." rather than putting the text of the dedication in the intro. Then, after the intro, you could say: "Dedication: To W. B. Richmond, A. R. A. Preface. The period in which ..."
Just my opinion and not a requirement, but I think it is a little clearer this way.
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi Tom

Thanks for the info, I'll read the poem as well and if in the end you don't want it there then I will just remove. This is very good practise for me so it's no problem at all!

Thanks/Annyiee
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Terrific! Thank you.

Be sure to include the title and authors' names that appear after the preface and before the poem.

You're the best! :thumbs:
Tom Penn
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Here goes, I really have difficulty trying to get additions to sound the same as the original text, I must move my head or something. Im working on that problem....Hopefully it sounds alright and isn't too annoying to listen to, if it is just let me know and I'll redo.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_00_haggard_128kb.mp3 6m48

Thanks/Annyiee
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks again.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Annyiee wrote:Here goes, I really have difficulty trying to get additions to sound the same as the original text, I must move my head or something. Im working on that problem....Hopefully it sounds alright and isn't too annoying to listen to, if it is just let me know and I'll redo.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_00_haggard_128kb.mp3 6m48

Thanks/Annyiee
Section 00 is PL OK! :clap:
Thank you so much for adding the poem to this recording. It's a big help.

Lots of things go into how the recording sounds: distance and orientation of the mic, speaking volume, tightness of vocal cords, ambient noise, phase of the moon, day of the week, etc. :) Things that help are vocal warmups and muscle relaxation exercises (like singers do), being hydrated, and listening to the recording to be patched so you know how you read it before. I think the best advice is to do what you can to make it sound good, then let go of it. It really isn't that big a deal to the listeners.
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Annyiee wrote:Here is sec 16

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/worldsdesire_16_haggard_128kb.mp3 17m09

Thanks/annyiee
Section 16 is PL OK! :clap:
Thank you!

It sounds like you are applying a lot of noise reduction. If that is true you might want to back off a little on future recordings as too much noise reduction can result in distortion.
Tom Penn
eldendwar

Post by eldendwar »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

thanks