[Complete] The Princess Zoubaroff by Ronald Firbank - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'd like to read for Lady Rocktower, please.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Moving this project to Readers Wanted Dramatic Works.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Elizabby wrote:I'd like to read for Lady Rocktower, please.
That would be wonderful! Thank you so much!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

May I claim Glyda Rocktower?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

leanneyauyau wrote:May I claim Glyda Rocktower?
I'd be happy to have you! Thank you so much! :-)
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Both are PL OK and quite excellent. Thanks for volunteering for this role! This is probably the most difficult role in the play and I'm glad you were able to bring her to life. :-)
wow thank you for the praise :oops: I'm happy to have been part of this with such an interesting role (although she is not at all me LOL, but that's why it's called acting I guess :mrgreen: )
I'm on my phone right now, so I have limited access to the MW. I'll move everything when I have wifi again.
no problem, I move them down for you

good night for now

Sonia
BWAHAHAHAHA!! As someone who really only excels as reading for jerks and scumbags, I perfectly understand! :-)

(Speaking of which, I might claim Eric in a little while... he's another certified jerkwad, so he should be perfect for me. That would leave us with only two more male roles to fill, which would certainly be an envious position to be in.)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

For those curious about the amount of Italian spoken by Blanche Negress and Marchessa Pitti-Conti, here's their entire exchange. If desired, I'm sure we could concoct a quick recording of all those lines so they can be spoken phonetically.

I'll add this image to the MW, in case anyone needs to use this to determine whether or not they want to volunteer.
PROJECTS
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read Nadine? If so, is the Sheil pronounced like "She'll" or more like "shell"?
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

MrsHand wrote:May I read Nadine? If so, is the Sheil pronounced like "She'll" or more like "shell"?
That would be wonderful, Kristin. :-) Thank you so much!

As for the pronunciation... I'll be honest, I haven't the slightest clue! I've been saying "shell" in my head, if that helps, but I'm by no means certain if that's right.
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:For those curious about the amount of Italian spoken by Blanche Negress and Marchessa Pitti-Conti, here's their entire exchange. If desired, I'm sure we could concoct a quick recording of all those lines so they can be spoken phonetically.

I'll add this image to the MW, in case anyone needs to use this to determine whether or not they want to volunteer.
actually half of this text is French and half Italian. If anybody is interested in a soundfile, I can make one. :)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:For those curious about the amount of Italian spoken by Blanche Negress and Marchessa Pitti-Conti, here's their entire exchange. If desired, I'm sure we could concoct a quick recording of all those lines so they can be spoken phonetically.

actually half of this text is French and half Italian. If anybody is interested in a soundfile, I can make one. :)

Sonia
Hahahaha! Is it obvious that I'm drearily monolingual? :|

I'd be more than happy to posting the sound file in the MW, if you decide to make one. Thank you again. :-)
PROJECTS
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne ! Glyda is perfect. You managed very well to give your voice the right pitch to sound like a petulant over-romantic teenager :thumbs:

Both Acts PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here are the foreign language lines of the text in this link. Maybe it helps :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/french-italian.mp3

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
here are the foreign language lines of the text in this link. Maybe it helps :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/french-italian.mp3

Sonia
Excellent! I'll fix the MW in just a moment! Thank you so much!
PROJECTS