Post by loon »

Chapter 26 - Of Course
PL OK

(at 10:09
I heard: Orissa should have worn the laurel, after all
The Gutenberg text: Orissa should have worn the laurel crown, after all
no big deal.)
clupher wrote:I made my goal!
Congratulations and thanks for your 8 chapters. I'll keep an ear out for your future chapters in other books.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. Christine, that was fast.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
jcrosbie

Post by jcrosbie »

Yes, i did read and post my test to the forum.
I guess i want to know what happens next.
Will I be sent conformation?
j Crosbie
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

After you have uploaded a test recording, and have posted the link you get from the uploader in the Listeners Wanted forum viewforum.php?f=21 (like the other threads there), someone will check it and respond if there are any adjustments needed. Then you will be sure that you have all the tech specs correct, so that you can enjoy recording without worrying about those! :mrgreen:
Eli27

Post by Eli27 »

Hello!
Here is chapter 7 :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/flyinggirl_07_baum_128kb.mp3
12:00
I've had to change computers (Mac to Dell) since chapter 6 but hopefully the quality will be ok with the new one. For some reason the recording seems a bit more cavernous. Please let me know what you think!
I will get on to my 3 remaining chapter asap.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you so much
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
loon

Post by loon »

Eli27 wrote:Hello!
Here is chapter 7 :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/flyinggirl_07_baum_128kb.mp3
12:00
I've had to change computers (Mac to Dell) since chapter 6 but hopefully the quality will be ok with the new one. For some reason the recording seems a bit more cavernous. Please let me know what you think!
I will get on to my 3 remaining chapter asap.
Hi Eli,
First of all:
Chapter 7 "Something Wrong"
PL OK

As for your getting a different sound from your new computer, well yes, it's fairly pronounced. I take it you are using an analog mic plugged into the audio input of your computer (because if you were using, for example, a USB mic all the messy analog stuff would be in the microphone -- and the computer shouldn't make any difference).

If you are using Audacity you can view the difference by opening your chapter and selecting "Analyze" -- "Plot Spectrum", then select "Log frequency" for the Axis setting (leaving everything else at their default settings). The graph will now be showing you sound energy per octave, and if you compare your two chapters you can see Chapter 6 (Macintosh) has a lot more ummph down around 200 Hz. So you can measure a difference, but I personally wouldn't worry that much about it.
Eli27

Post by Eli27 »

Thanks loon! That's a great tip.
Actually I am using the same mic (Logitech usb) but I did place it a bit further away to avoid any pops (I had a lot to fix on chapter 6). Could that explain the difference?
loon

Post by loon »

Eli27 wrote:Thanks loon! That's a great tip.
Actually I am using the same mic (Logitech usb) but I did place it a bit further away to avoid any pops (I had a lot to fix on chapter 6). Could that explain the difference?
That does explain it. Look up "proximity effect" sometime when you are surfing. If you play around with mic placement you should find a spot that lets you take advantage of proximity effect and avoid PoPPing "P"s.
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
loon

Post by loon »

Thanks Michael, three more chapters checked in!

Chapter 18 - "The One to Blame"
Chapter 20 - "Uncle and Niece"
Chapter 21 - "Mr. H. Chesterton Radley-Todd"
All PL OK
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

thank you both
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks
Eli27

Post by Eli27 »

Here is chapter 8!
Thanks again for all your help loon :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/flyinggirl_08_baum_128kb.mp3
[08:29]