[COMPLETE] The Golden Book of Springfield by Vachel Lindsay-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_02_lindsay_128kb.mp3 [13:37]

And this is where my brisk pace officially ends. The next chapter is monstrous... a real whopper. It might be a while before I get that whole thing finished.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK.

Sections are limited to 74m and some readers divide long chapters into two or more sections each about 30m long.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

craigdav1 wrote:2 PL OK.

Sections are limited to 74m and some readers divide long chapters into two or more sections each about 30m long.
Sincerely doubt it'll be that long... but heck, never say never, right? :-P

Thanks!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

...and this is where things get truly, truly strange.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_03_lindsay_128kb.mp3 [49:23]

There's an electrical issue in my home where the door buzzer is emitting is constant hum throughout the day. I'm desperate to disconnect it, especially after I realized that it could be heard in parts of this recording. I've cleaned it up as best I can, but please tell me if it's distracting or unbearable in this chapter. I'll happily re-record it.

Future sections should be less huge, I promise. But things only get more bizarre, I'm afraid.
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

3 PL OK.

File sounds fine.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

craigdav1 wrote:3 PL OK.

File sounds fine.
Thanks! I'll start recording Chapter 4 the afternoon.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Alright, I'm half-convinced this project is trying to kill me. With Chapter 4, I reached the point where I started hating my voice in the middle of editing. I had actually forgotten about that side effect of recording for Librivox. I'm still not enthused about that particular recording. By Chapter 5, I'd started to regain some confidence and was kinda killing it... so of course, I accidentally saved over the file once I had the darn thing about 80% done during the editing stage. Graaaaargh!

Is the ghost of Vachel Lindsay trying to sabotage this project?

Anyway, here are the next two chapters:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_lindsay_04_128kb.mp3 [27:29]

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_lindsay_05_128kb.mp3 [39:21]
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Just needs 5s of silence at file end, otherwise pl ok.
5 PL OK.

The file names for sections 4 and 5 needs to be corrected. The section number should be before not after the author's name.

Nice read. Your voice sounds great to me.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The file names for sections 4 and 5 needs to be corrected. The section number should be before not after the author's name.
Don't worry about fixing the one that is PL OK. I can do that at cataloging time very easily. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Sorry about that, guys. I've been back almost a month now, and I'm still making these amateur mistakes! I'll get better -- I promise. :-P

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_04_lindsay_128kb.mp3 [27:32]

And thanks for the pep talk, Dave. I think I just have too intimate a knowledge of all my verbal tics and idiosyncrasies... and listening to myself fumble over the same words over and over and over again probably doesn't help.

Anyway, Chapter 6 is halfway recorded, but might take another couple of days to get out there. My daughter is sick and I'm sleep deprived this afternoon. Might not be the best time to start slurring into my microphone.
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4 PL OK.

Hope you and your daughter get a good night's sleep tonight.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Chapter 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_06_lindsay_128kb.mp3 [20:13]

The next chapter is partially recorded and should be up by tomorrow (or Sunday... I think). Thanks again!
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

6 PL OK.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

And here's Chapter 7.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/goldenbookofspringfield_07_lindsay_128kb.mp3 [22:31]

Not my favorite chapter to record, to be honest. Lindsay's prose can often sound like a series of tongue-twisters when read aloud. Trying to wrap my mouth around some of his bizarre turns of phrase (to say nothing of names like "Slick Slack Kopensky" and "Whing Wang Tree") is sometimes a challenge.

I probably should have chosen an easier book for my grand return to Librivox. :-P

Anyway, thanks as always, Dave. Your speed and efficiency always astounds. You make me feel like a lazy DPL. :-P
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

14:36-14:48 delete repeat, "Stenographers...

I enjoy the reads/books.