COMPLETE [OPEN POETRY]The Poetry of South Africa,Alexander Wilmot-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Nature https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_078_wilmot_128kb.mp3 18:00

The last poem is done!
I've also uploaded the corrected 084 for Spot PL.
The missing lines were in my original recording, so I must have cut them accidentally. But, there they are.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Larry, I'm currently downloading the two last poems and will PL them immediately. Stay tuned ! We may get this beauty archived today still :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 17th, 2018, 10:51 pm The last poem is done!
The missing lines were in my original recording, so I must have cut them accidentally. But, there they are.
ok both poems extremely well read. Section 84 is already PL ok.

And wow Nature was a biggie :shock: I loved the very romantic/dramatic effusions you sometimes had in your voice in some parts. The author really was a bit too elated at times LOL

Here I have a few notes to correct:

> at 0:01: as the poem longer than 800 words (see first post), I guess you should have taken the full intro disclaimer, or is that optional ? As far as I’m concerned, it wouldn’t matter much, but it’s up to you.

> at 1:44: “The glowing softness of its ardent brow” – you say “radiant”, probably optional, as it’s not word-perfect

> at 8:50: “That varied Nature on their minds imbued?” – you start and then stop and restart again on this sentence, you can cut out the first part

> at 9:45: “For truth will charm though sung in echoed strain” – you say “snug

> at 17:55: you have 16 seconds of silence at the end which need to be cut down to 5

Almost finished :clap:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: July 18th, 2018, 4:35 am
silverquill wrote: July 17th, 2018, 10:51 pm The last poem is done!
ok both poems extremely well read. Section 84 is already PL ok.

And wow Nature was a biggie :shock: I loved the very romantic/dramatic effusions you sometimes had in your voice in some parts. The author really was a bit too elated at times LOL

Here I have a few notes to correct:

> at 0:01: as the poem longer than 800 words (see first post), I guess you should have taken the full intro disclaimer, or is that optional ? As far as I’m concerned, it wouldn’t matter much, but it’s up to you.

> at 1:57: “The glowing softness of its ardent brow” – you say “radiant”, probably optional, as it’s not word-perfect

> at 9:03: “That varied Nature on their minds imbued?” – you start and then stop and restart again on this sentence, you can cut out the first part

> at 9:53: “For truth will charm though sung in echoed strain” – you say “snug

> at 18:03: you have 16 seconds of silence at the end which need to be cut down to 5

Almost finished :clap:

Sonia
Oh, Sonia! Thank you so much. :9:

Yes, it was a long poem with a short title. :) And, after I uploaded it, I thought about the disclaimer, but hadn't changed it. I was so tired last night when I edited it, so I'm not surprised that I missed one edit. I can't believe I didn't trim the end because the file length I gave was the trimmed length. Well, okay, I can believe it. :roll:

Anyway, the corrections are all made, and the above are the NEW time stamps for you.

So, with your kind help along the way, we can get this one released to the waiting public.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 18th, 2018, 8:00 amAnyway, the corrections are all made, and the above are the NEW time stamps for you.
So, with your kind help along the way, we can get this one released to the waiting public.
DONE ! PL ok. :clap: Thank you for the new time stamps, that made the job easier. :D

The project is complete. Over to MaryAnn 8-)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks so very much, Sonia!!!

At last, ready for catalog.

Thanks MaryAnn for your help along the way. :clap:
~ Larry
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-poetry-of-south-africa-by-alexander-wilmot/

The multiple files at Archive should resolve as the project goes through the rederive that I just kicked off.
MaryAnn