craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

15-16 PL OK.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

17-20 PL OK.

A minor quibble: At the end of the last section you did not say "end of section 20" before saying end of book.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

What shall we do about a book summary? What's currently in the first post is more about the author than the book . . .

MaryAnn
progressingamerica

Post by progressingamerica »

progressingamerica

Post by progressingamerica »

MaryAnn,

Something like this could be used:

"The Challenge of Waste" examines the wasteful nature of the competitive market system, particularly from a Veblenian point of view. He also praises World War I era planning by the Fuel Administration and other government wartime agencies.

Chase was profoundly influenced by his readings of Thorstein Veblen. The whole book is about wastes in general as Chase saw it from the standpoint of an accountant.(that was his profession) However, the very first chapter he sets out to highlight what he feels is the model of 'what is correct'. What I wrote is probably too concise and may need to be expanded, but it should be a good start.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

As a listener I find the "double ending" very satisfying. I hope you intend to read similar books for LV in the future. I certainly would find them an interesting listen.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here: https://librivox.org/the-challenge-of-waste-by-stuart-chase/