[COMPLETE] Enterprise of the Mayflower by A. Macdonell-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
MrsHand
Posts: 3526
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » October 10th, 2017, 6:13 am

PL Notes for the very grumpy John Billington:

Act 2 -
1:03 Missing the song (p 34)
3:20 Missing line "Now our real troubles begin..." (p 39)
3:30 Missing the song (p 41)

Act 3 PL OK!

Act 4 -

3:15 - missing line "Come Ellen there is no one to say us nay..." (p 54)
3:25 - Missing line "Long live the captain" (p 56)
3:26 - missing line "Long life to Priscilla and John alden..." (p 57)
3:27 Missing song (p 58)

Priscilla is PL OK!

MrsHand
Posts: 3526
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » October 10th, 2017, 6:25 am

Ellen's songs are PL OK.

Neither Billington was very polite.

ScottKelley
Posts: 83
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 5:09 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Post by ScottKelley » October 10th, 2017, 8:22 am

MrsHand wrote:PL Notes for the very grumpy John Billington:

Act 2 -
1:03 Missing the song (p 34)
3:20 Missing line "Now our real troubles begin..." (p 39)
3:30 Missing the song (p 41)

Act 3 PL OK!

Act 4 -

3:15 - missing line "Come Ellen there is no one to say us nay..." (p 54)
3:25 - Missing line "Long live the captain" (p 56)
3:26 - missing line "Long life to Priscilla and John alden..." (p 57)
3:27 Missing song (p 58)

Priscilla is PL OK!
My apologies, this was certainly a swing and a miss to omit so many parts. I did a text search for John Billington so some of the "they all sing" pieces did not highlight. I will take care of the missing sections tonight. For my clarification, when a section reads "they all sing," as the editor, do you add every character singing separately?
Scott Kelley

Twinkle88
Posts: 2384
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 10th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Oh, no no! No worries! :) Believe me, it happens all the time (to me, at least :lol: ) -- that moment where you're like, "AH! Where did all these lines come from??"

And to answer you question, everyone's singing will be overlapped into one song. But there could be verses where just one or a few people are singing... Well, it's up to the editor. :lol:

Twinkle88
Posts: 2384
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 10th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Act 4 is ready to edit! :)

MrsHand
Posts: 3526
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » October 11th, 2017, 4:11 am

ScottKelley wrote: My apologies, this was certainly a swing and a miss to omit so many parts. I did a text search for John Billington so some of the "they all sing" pieces did not highlight. I will take care of the missing sections tonight. For my clarification, when a section reads "they all sing," as the editor, do you add every character singing separately?
You were certainly not the first one to miss the songs!

ScottKelley
Posts: 83
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 5:09 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Post by ScottKelley » October 11th, 2017, 3:08 pm

MrsHand wrote:
ScottKelley wrote: My apologies, this was certainly a swing and a miss to omit so many parts. I did a text search for John Billington so some of the "they all sing" pieces did not highlight. I will take care of the missing sections tonight. For my clarification, when a section reads "they all sing," as the editor, do you add every character singing separately?
You were certainly not the first one to miss the songs!
Here are the vocal tracks with missing lines at the end. I am not a singer (clearly), and I did my best to add some low vocals to the songs since I noticed a few of the vocal tracks already were higher pitch.


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mayflower_jbillington_2.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mayflower_jbillington_4.mp3
Scott Kelley

MrsHand
Posts: 3526
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » October 12th, 2017, 7:26 am

I've marked both acts of Billington PL OK!

There was a repeat in the song in Act 4, but it's the start of a new stanza, so there's a gap before and after it, so it can be edited around.

Also, as noted by Scott, the edits are at the end of each file. :)

Twinkle88
Posts: 2384
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 12th, 2017, 10:20 am

Thank you both! :)

Twinkle88
Posts: 2384
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 9th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Looks like Act III is ready to edit as well! :clap:

SweetPea
Posts: 6376
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

Post by SweetPea » November 12th, 2017, 9:50 pm

The final Act III is uploading now! Exciting stuff to be sure :D
Rachel

"For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise..." (Les Mis)

MrsHand
Posts: 3526
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » November 14th, 2017, 8:02 am

Act III is PL OK!

aravagarwal
Posts: 42
Joined: November 11th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Post by aravagarwal » November 15th, 2017, 7:24 pm


Twinkle88
Posts: 2384
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Thanks, Arav!! :D

SweetPea
Posts: 6376
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

Post by SweetPea » November 17th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Finished Act I is up!
Rachel

"For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise..." (Les Mis)

Post Reply