COMPLETE [SPANISH] La Cautiva by Esteban Echeverría - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mariemdover

Post by mariemdover »

La Cautiva by Esteban Echeverría (1805 - 1851).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/la-cautiva-by-esteban-echeverria/
La Cautiva es un poema narrativo épico, publicado originalmente en 1837. Se considera la obra más representativa del romanticismo argentino. Brián, un valiente soldado del ejército nacional, ha sido capturado por una tribu indígena luego de un violento enfrentamiento en medio de un malón. Herido, es capturado junto con su esposa, y muchas otras mujeres y niños. María, su mujer, arriesga su vida para liberar a su esposo y juntos emprenden la huída por el campo. ( mariemdover)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/3492801
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Introducción larga (para proyectos colaborativos y la primera sección de proyectos de solista):

Parte [número] de [Título del libro]. Esta es una grabación de LibriVox. Todas las grabaciones de LibriVox están en el dominio público. Para más información, o para ser voluntario, por favor visite librivox punto org."[/i]
    Si desea, diga: "Grabado por [su nombre]"
    Diga: "Título de Autor. [Traducido por Traductor]. [Capítulo]

Introduccón corta (para poesía, y opcional para proyectos de solista, empezando con la segunda sección):

"Capítulo [número] de [Título del libro] por Autor. - Esta grabación de LibriVox está en el dominio público.
    Si aplica, diga: "Título del capítulo"

Al final de la grabación:

Al final de capítulo, diga: "Fin de la parte [##]"
    Si desea, diga: Grabado por [su nombre], [fecha], [ciudad, su blog, podcast, o sitio web]
    Al final del libro, diga también: "Fin de [Título por Autor]"
  • Example filename cautiva_##_echeverria_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. cautiva_01_echeverria_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by mariemdover on November 30th, 2016, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hello, Marie!

I'll MC this for you, on one condition: you use this as your text source: https://archive.org/details/3492801

Wikisource puts restrictions on its texts ("El texto está disponible bajo la Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-CompartirIgual 3.0" - since we don't "share alike" by using the same license, we violate the license when we use their texts). The text at Archive is clearly public domain.

Let me know. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mariemdover

Post by mariemdover »

TriciaG wrote:Hello, Marie!

I'll MC this for you, on one condition: you use this as your text source: https://archive.org/details/3492801

Wikisource puts restrictions on its texts ("El texto está disponible bajo la Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-CompartirIgual 3.0" - since we don't "share alike" by using the same license, we violate the license when we use their texts). The text at Archive is clearly public domain.

Let me know. :)

I've been overseeing that text and it looks like there are no differences, so there's not a problem for me. I won't be doing the preliminary study on this archive.org version, though; I'll only do the 10 parts of the text, because that's how the original goes.

Thanks for your help!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great!

OK, I notice you used the English version of the first post. If you want the intro/outro wording in Spanish (probably best, since it's a Spanish text), here it is:
Introducción larga (para proyectos colaborativos y la primera sección de proyectos de solista):

Capítulo [número] de [Título del libro]. Esta es una grabación de LibriVox. Todas las grabaciones de LibriVox están en el dominio público. Para más información, o para ser voluntario, por favor visite librivox punto org."[/i]
Diga: "Título por Autor. [Traducido por Traductor]. [Capítulo]

Introduccón corta (para poesía, y opcional para proyectos de solista, empezando con la segunda sección):

"Capítulo [número] de [Título del libro] por Autor. - Esta grabación de LibriVox está en el dominio público.

Al final de capítulo, diga: "Fin del Capítulo [##]"
Si desea, diga: Grabado por [su nombre], [fecha], [ciudad, su blog, podcast, o sitio web]

(And you may say "sección" instead of "Capítulo" if you prefer.)

And here is the info for you as a new soloist!

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked below:
Instructions for Soloists

Videos showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

I've entered the first section for you as an example. You can fill in the rest, or edit the first one as you please.

When you submit a chapter, put the file duration in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

I think that's it for now. Holler if you have questions!
mariemdover

Post by mariemdover »

TriciaG wrote:Great!

OK, I notice you used the English version of the first post. If you want the intro/outro wording in Spanish (probably best, since it's a Spanish text), here it is:

Capítulo [número] de [Título del libro]. Esta es una grabación de LibriVox. Todas las grabaciones de LibriVox están en el dominio público. Para más información, o para ser voluntario, por favor visite librivox punto org."[/i]
Diga: "Título por Autor. [Traducido por Traductor]. [Capítulo]

Al final de capítulo, diga: "Fin del Capítulo [##]"

(And you may say "sección" instead of "Capítulo" if you prefer.)

Thanks a lot for all the instructions!!

I won't be saying "capítulo" or "sección"; I'll use "parte", instead, because that's exactly how it's worded in the original text in Spanish; I hope that's not a problem. I have one question about this: There are nine parts titled "parte" and the last one is titled "Epílogo" (epilogue). So, at the beginning of each one I say (in Spanish) «First part of La Cautiva...», «second part of La Cautiva...», etc. When it comes to that last part, should I say «Tenth part of La Cautiva...» or «Epílogo of La Cautiva...»?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think it's fine to say "epilogue" for the last file.
mariemdover

Post by mariemdover »

I already uploaded all files and posted to listeners wanted. Waiting for DPL.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Whoa! 8-) OK, I guess I'll move this to Going Solo! :lol:
DaniloMarin001

Post by DaniloMarin001 »

Hi I'm willing to PL for the entire reading selection since the individual pieces because they are short, if you need extra help. :-)
mariemdover

Post by mariemdover »

DaniloMarin001 wrote:Hi I'm willing to PL for the entire reading selection since the individual pieces because they are short, if you need extra help. :-)
That would be great! Thanks for volunteering!

I assume we need the ok from MC TriciaG
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Well, not really an "OK" from me. More just giving MW access. :) I'll do that shortly.

Danilo: Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked below:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs
Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8
All you REALLY need to do is change the status in the very last column and post your PL notes in the thread here. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Danilo - are you still with us?

Since you haven't logged in since claiming DPL on this, I'm going to take you out in case someone else is dying to PL a Spanish project. If/when you come back and are ready to listen, feel free to post again. :)
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

If Danilo doesn´t post during this week i can offer as DPL. Happy 2017 for both of you! :D
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
mariemdover

Post by mariemdover »

phileasfogg wrote:If Danilo doesn´t post during this week i can offer as DPL. Happy 2017 for both of you! :D
Thanks a lot for your offering!

Happy new year :wink:
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

hey can i do the pl ?
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them