[COMPLETE]The Life of Florence Nightingale v 2-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sheilablunt

Post by sheilablunt »

Hi Ann,
Here is chapter 2 from part 6 . It is 19:10 min. long. I'm not sure I labeled it correctly. 06? or 02??
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/florencenightingale2_06_cook.mp3
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

sheilablunt wrote:Hi Ann,
Here is chapter 2 from part 6 . It is 19:10 min. long. I'm not sure I labeled it correctly. 06? or 02??
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/florencenightingale2_15_cook_128kb.mp3

Actually, is should be labeled 15, but that's OK, I can fix it from here, no need for you to upload it again. Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Tiffo wrote:Hello! Can I put my name down for Section 37?

Hi Tiffo,

Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for section 37, thank you! But, please make sure to do the one minute test first, before you record your section. It is just our way to make sure your settings are where we need them to be before you start recording. Once you get the OK then you can record away. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

sheilablunt wrote:Hi Ann,
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/florencenightingale2_06_cook.mp3

You read part 6 chapter 1, instead of chapter 2. Chapter 2 is entitled "Alliance with Sir Bartle Frere."
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
emilieolsen85

Post by emilieolsen85 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/florencenightingale2_24_cook.mp3

Section 24. I didn't add the ending tag since this is still the middle of the chapter. If that is incorrect please let me know what I should be adding to the end. I'm not sure I quite understand from the instructions.

If this recording passes muster, I'd like to take the next section, #25.

Thanks!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

emilieolsen85 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/florencenightingale2_24_cook.mp3

Section 24. I didn't add the ending tag since this is still the middle of the chapter. If that is incorrect please let me know what I should be adding to the end. I'm not sure I quite understand from the instructions.

If this recording passes muster, I'd like to take the next section, #25.

Thanks!

Thanks Emilie! Do you have a time for this section, just so that I can make sure I have the whole file?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
emilieolsen85

Post by emilieolsen85 »

icequeen wrote:
Thanks Emilie! Do you have a time for this section, just so that I can make sure I have the whole file?

I could finish section 25 by next weekend, and take 26 for the weekend after that. Is the time frame for this project coming to an end soon?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

emilieolsen85 wrote:
icequeen wrote:

I could finish section 25 by next weekend, and take 26 for the weekend after that. Is the time frame for this project coming to an end soon?

Of goodness! Sorry, I didn't mean that I was pushing for you to get your sections in quickly. I was wondering what the time duration was for section 24. Do you want me to assign the other sections to you? I can do that, then you can finish them at your own speed.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
emilieolsen85

Post by emilieolsen85 »

Of goodness! Sorry, I didn't mean that I was pushing for you to get your sections in quickly. I was wondering what the time duration was for section 24. Do you want me to assign the other sections to you? I can do that, then you can finish them at your own speed.
oh got it, ha! I misunderstood. Length is 14:09.

Yes please assign sections 25 and 26 to me.

Thanks,
Tiffo

Post by Tiffo »

Of course, thank you! Tiffany is fine for the crediting :)

(I think this is right for the test? Please let me know if I did something wrong haha)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/test_tiffo.mp3
Coven

Post by Coven »

Hi, I would like to claim section 19 and 20 please.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

emilieolsen85 wrote:
oh got it, ha! I misunderstood. Length is 14:09.

Yes please assign sections 25 and 26 to me.

Thanks,

Perfect! I have 14:09 too! Sections 25 and 26 are yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Coven wrote:Hi, I would like to claim section 19 and 20 please.

Sections 19 and 20 are yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Tiffo wrote:Of course, thank you! Tiffany is fine for the crediting :)

(I think this is right for the test? Please let me know if I did something wrong haha)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/test_tiffo.mp3

OK, I have your name on your catalog page, at this link!

Normally, you would post your test in the Listeners/Editors Wanted forum, but that's OK, I can take care of it here.

Great reading! There is only one problem that needs to be addressed. The volume is too low, at 82.6 dB. We need the volume to be around 89 dB, with a range of 87-92 dB. If you could amplify your recording, upload it again using the same file name and post it to this forum again, I will check it and hopefully give you an OK to record.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 24 needs two quick edits.

The beginning silence needs to be cut down to about 1 second, it is currently around 3 seconds.

The outro needs to be added at the end. When you are done with the text, then you would say, "End of Part VII Chapter III: Miss Nightingale's School." Just make sure you keep the 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording. Otherwise, great job!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!