SOLO History of the Reformation Vol 1 by Merle d'Aubigné-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sections 33-36 are PL OK!
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Sections 37 and 38 now ready for PL. Just four to go!
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

And one more - section 39 ready for PL!
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

37, 38, and 39 are PL OK!
So close to the finish! Do you have plans for another book?
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

fiddlesticks wrote:So close to the finish! Do you have plans for another book?
Yes, I'm planning to move on to Volume 2 of History of the Reformation - and I would be more than happy for you to DPL, Tiffany, if you'd like to ... :)

Section 40 now ready for DPL. Also, I've re-uploaded section 5 with one small correction. When I was listening to it again, I realised that I had mispronounced the Latin expression "in fine", which means in brief, or at the end (depending on the context!). I gave it the normal pronunciation we would use if it was in English. But in Latin it's pronounced "in feenay". This is at around 27:00 minutes, in a sentence that begins "In fine, the reigning monarch was an eccentric prince ......".
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

And finally - sections 41 and 42 now ready for PL!
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Hello Tricia,

I've edited the description for this book. Please can you substitute the following wording for the original:

The History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, by Jean-Henri Merle d’Aubigné, is a classic work on the great events that re-opened the Christian gospel to a needy world. It tells of how the twenty-year-old Martin Luther, browsing through books in the library at the University of Erfurt, takes down from the shelf a particular volume that has caught his interest. He has never seen anything like it. It is a Bible! He is astonished to find in this volume so much more than the fragments of gospels and epistles that were selected for public reading in churches. He had believed that these constituted all there was of the word of God. But here he has discovered, in its entirety, the inspired book from which they came. And it was this discovery, in a dusty university library, that changed the course of history.

D’Aubigné tells the story of outstanding people who had a love for God and his word, and who dared to present biblical truths which had been obscured for centuries. The book has helped and encouraged Christians through difficult times, and given them an understanding of the background from which our freedom in the faith has come.

The author was a Swiss Protestant pastor. He was also a historian with a great understanding of the Bible, along with a broad and deep knowledge of the Reformation. This great work of his is made up of five volumes. Volume 1, the subject of this recording, comprises four books: Book 1 – State of Matters before the Reformation; Book 2 – Youth, Conversion, and First Labours of Luther (1483-1517); Book 3 – The Indulgences and Theses; Book 4 – Luther before the Legate (May-December 1518).

Many thanks.
Chris
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done!
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

TriciaG wrote:Done!
Wow, that was quick! Many thanks Tricia. :D
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Those last three chapters are PL OK!!! :clap:
~Tiffany
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Cataloging...
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

fiddlesticks wrote:Those last three chapters are PL OK!!! :clap:
Thanks so much Tiffany for a brilliant DPL! :D :D
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

TriciaG wrote:Cataloging...
And thanks, Tricia, for your work as MC for this book :D :D
Chris
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/history-of-the-reformation-in-the-sixteenth-century-volume-1-by-jean-henri-merle-daubigne/