[COMPLETEGroup, Teen Adventure] The Child of the Moat, Holborn - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Here is chapter 27:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/ ... _128kb.mp3
Time is 45:19

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the passion that Ian has for Aline just a little bit creepy?
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for reading that super long chapter! This is now in the MW for PL.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

queenk8 wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the passion that Ian has for Aline just a little bit creepy?
Haha not so far. But I've only read through chapter 26. I'll have a listen tomorrow (I hope!) and let you know!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

27 is perfectly PL ok! What a lovely clear voice you have!

I think Ian's feelings for Aline make sense when you consider that he's begun to regard her kind of as a daughter. Still, there were one or two lines in there that sound rather adult to our modern ears. :lol:

Also, as to the surprise plot twist in this chapter..... I KNEW IT!!!! :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 25 is orphaned - just in case anyone here might be interested in the last chapter of this book!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

mightyfelix wrote:27 is perfectly PL ok! What a lovely clear voice you have!

I think Ian's feelings for Aline make sense when you consider that he's begun to regard her kind of as a daughter. Still, there were one or two lines in there that sound rather adult to our modern ears. :lol:

Also, as to the surprise plot twist in this chapter..... I KNEW IT!!!! :D
Thanks, Devorah! I keep reminding myself that this was 16th century, but all the kissing seems so odd to my modern sensibilities. And yes, that was quite the surprise!
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Elizabby wrote:Chapter 25 is orphaned - just in case anyone here might be interested in the last chapter of this book!
I can take it!
Kate Follis
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kate! Just as I was hoping... :mrgreen:
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Chapter 25 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/ ... _128kb.mp3
Time is 27:52
Kate Follis
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That was quick! I'll get to it soon.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Devorah! Also, could you please give some thought to the catalogue summary? I had intended to add a bit more description about the content of the book - but you've probably read more of the book by now than I have! Anything you'd like to add?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I think it's great, actually! I mean, it doesn't really say anything much about the main plot, but there's plenty there to pique one's interest and give you a good idea of the book's genre.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Another lovely reading, Kate. 25 PL ok!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

mightyfelix wrote:Another lovely reading, Kate. 25 PL ok!
Thanks, Devorah!
I've got my grandsons with me for the next week, so I'm getting to read for a live audience. It's like the best Christmas present ever - though the only children's book I own (other than the Little House series) is a collection of stories that I inherited from my grandmother so it's a lot like reading for Librivox!
:9:
Kate Follis
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »