[Complete]Two 1 Act Farces by J.K. Bangs - LT

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Penumbra
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » November 6th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Hi Kim:

May I have Robert Yardsley in TFM?

Thx
Tom Penn

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 43980
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » November 6th, 2016, 2:52 pm

carteki wrote:Thank you Tricia.
A Dramatic Evening - PL OK.

Missing line in The Fatal Message: (9m33)
Mrs. Perkins. But what are we going to do? It’s quarter-past six now, and the curtain is to rise at 8.30.

Thank you
Kim
Corrected!
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thefatalmessage_mrsthaddeusperkins_bangs.mp3
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK

carteki
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 7th, 2016, 12:42 am

Penumbra wrote:Hi Kim:

May I have Robert Yardsley in TFM?

Thx
Assigned. Thank you.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20983
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 7th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Here is Mrs Bradley in A Dramatic Evening. Oh man, she was a BOSSY BITCH ! :mrgreen: If you have such friends, you don't need enemies...

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adramaticevening_mrs_bradley_bangs.mp3
Recording time: 4:32 min.

BTW I recorded this sentence twice:
Edward, come here right away. I want you to move the hat-stand, and see how many people can be seated in this hall.
because she spoke it "from without". I turned my head away from the microphone to give it the effect of being in another room. I think it worked quite well, but you can take the version which you like.

Sonia

leanneyauyau
Posts: 939
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 12:33 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Post by leanneyauyau » November 12th, 2016, 10:57 am

Could I also claim Jennie in AFM? She's only got one line in that.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page

carteki
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 12th, 2016, 11:50 am

leanneyauyau wrote:Could I also claim Jennie in AFM? She's only got one line in that.
Yours. Thanks
Kim

Penumbra
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » November 14th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Tom Penn

carteki
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 15th, 2016, 7:54 am

Kitty wrote:Here is Mrs Bradley in A Dramatic Evening. Oh man, she was a BOSSY BITCH ! :mrgreen: If you have such friends, you don't need enemies...

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adramaticevening_mrs_bradley_bangs.mp3
Recording time: 4:32 min.

BTW I recorded this sentence twice:
Edward, come here right away. I want you to move the hat-stand, and see how many people can be seated in this hall.
because she spoke it "from without". I turned my head away from the microphone to give it the effect of being in another room. I think it worked quite well, but you can take the version which you like.

Sonia
Missing line:
1m 27 - Mrs. Bradley (to Mrs. Perkins). He’s just splendid! never forgets anything.

Nicely read otherwise.
Thank you.

carteki
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 15th, 2016, 8:17 am

Penumbra wrote:Robert Yardsley in TFM is ready for review

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thefatalmessage_mrrobertyardsley_bangs.mp3
Thank you. PL OK. It is a little soft, but I'll fix in editing.
Kim

carteki
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 15th, 2016, 8:18 am


Penumbra
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » November 15th, 2016, 9:50 am

carteki wrote:
Penumbra wrote:Robert Yardsley in TFM is ready for review

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thefatalmessage_mrrobertyardsley_bangs.mp3
Thank you. PL OK. It is a little soft, but I'll fix in editing.
Kim
Sorry. Thanks for fixing it. Next time I'll set the level first, then insert the gaps between
lines, which seem to mislead the checker tool.
Tom
Tom Penn

Penumbra
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » November 15th, 2016, 10:07 am

May I do Robert Yardsley in ADE please?
Tom Penn

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20983
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 15th, 2016, 10:24 am

carteki wrote: Missing line:
1m 27 - Mrs. Bradley (to Mrs. Perkins). He’s just splendid! never forgets anything.
oops sorry, how could I forget that one. I even remember reading it while reading through the text. But forgot to highlight it and so I missed it while recording.

Here is the new file uploaded. The sentence can be found at 1:29 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adramaticevening_mrs_bradley_bangs.mp3
Recording time: 4:38 min.

Sonia

carteki
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » November 15th, 2016, 10:35 am

Penumbra wrote:May I do Robert Yardsley in ADE please?
Assigned. Thank you.

I have just checked the volume of the individual phrases (without the gaps) and they are too soft. By 2 - 4 db if that helps.

Kim

Penumbra
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » November 15th, 2016, 11:20 am

carteki wrote:
Penumbra wrote:May I do Robert Yardsley in ADE please?
Assigned. Thank you.

I have just checked the volume of the individual phrases (without the gaps) and they are too soft. By 2 - 4 db if that helps.

Kim
yep. I'm sorry. I just messed up. :oops: I did make the one line spoken from behind the scenery softer on purpose but
everything else was supposed to be in spec.
Tom
Tom Penn

Post Reply