[Complete]Two 1 Act Farces by J.K. Bangs - LT

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JackLthereader

Post by JackLthereader »

I'd like to claim the part of narrator
carteki

Post by carteki »

Hello and welcome to Librivox.
I'll keep the narrator section above for you, but please complete your one minute test to ensure that you have the correct settings.
The narrator reads the LibriVox intro and outro which is given in the first post as well as all the stage directions.
Please leave a gap between each different direction so it is clear where they start and end.
Regards
Kim
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kim,
How many lines does the narrator have?

I see that section "18 Jennie" is open. I looked at the text and I do not actually see a section 18. Jennie seems to have lines towards the end of the play. Is there a more simple way to see her lines other than skimming through all the text? I would like to read section 18.

I have read "Marie-Therese" in "a Kiss for Cinderella" and in that reading there was a pause between spoken lines. This being a play as well I presume that the style of reading is similar?
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

I see that the narrator has been claimed. Please disregard my question about that.
April
carteki

Post by carteki »

The best way to find your own lines is to use the "search function" [ctrl]-[f] and then type in the characters name.
Be careful as there are 4 different plays in the doc, so make sure that you are at the beginning of The Fatal Message before searching for the character's name.

Should I sign you up for Jeannie in The Fatal Message?

Kim
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

4 plays in the "two one act farce"? I will search the lines with the search function as you have described and yes, please put me down for the part of Jennie in the fatal message and do let me know if you would like for me to do the part of the narrator in the fatal message. Now I will look to see what the other plays are as I may be interested in one of those parts as well. :lol:
April6090
carteki

Post by carteki »

adr6090 wrote:4 plays in the "two one act farce"? I will search the lines with the search function as you have described and yes, please put me down for the part of Jennie in the fatal message and do let me know if you would like for me to do the part of the narrator in the fatal message. Now I will look to see what the other plays are as I may be interested in one of those parts as well. :lol:
April6090
Hi,
The BOOK has 4 one act plays in it. 2 have already been recorded. The other 2 are being recorded in this thread.

You can't do more than one part from the same play. You can do Jeannie from The Fatal Message and the Narrator from A Dramatic Evening. Both plays are in the linked text. Use ctrl-F to find.

Kim
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good morning to you Kim,
I see that in the magic window for the fatal message Jennie still shows open. I hope that in your mind you still have me marked as reading Jennie? I intend to record her later today. :lol:
April6090
April
carteki

Post by carteki »

Hi
Looking forward to your recording. I'll update the MW when I have a chance.
Kim
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thefatalmessage_jennie_bangs.mp3 time :57 seconds

Kim,
Here is section 18 Jennie.

Please do let me know if it needs any corrections. Thank you,
April
carteki

Post by carteki »

adr6090 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thefatalmessage_jennie_bangs.mp3 time :57 seconds

Kim,
Here is section 18 Jennie.

Please do let me know if it needs any corrections. Thank you,
April
Thank you. PL OK.

Would you like the narrator in A Dramatic Evening?

This part requires the Librivox intro's and outro's - you don't need to do them for the individual roles. I'll also need a voice credit which is usually read as "Narrator. Read by xyz"

Kim
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kim,
I would love to do the narrator in A Dramatic Evening.

"This part requires the Librivox intro's and outro's - you don't need to do them for the individual roles. I'll also need a voice credit which is usually read as "Narrator. Read by xyz"

Section 1 & section 15? Please explain what the "intro and outro's are?" I am presuming the intro is the introduction. I do not know what outro would be referring to though. :hmm:

I believe the voice credit would be "Narrotor. Read by April6090", correct?

April6090
carteki

Post by carteki »

adr6090 wrote:Kim,
I would love to do the narrator in A Dramatic Evening.

"This part requires the Librivox intro's and outro's - you don't need to do them for the individual roles. I'll also need a voice credit which is usually read as "Narrator. Read by xyz"

Section 1 & section 15? Please explain what the "intro and outro's are?" I am presuming the intro is the introduction. I do not know what outro would be referring to though. :hmm:

I believe the voice credit would be "Narrotor. Read by April6090", correct?

April6090
You're just reading section 1. As you read a part in The Fatal Message you can't do the narrator.
From the first post:
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
[Role], read by [your name].

Narrators
[Play Name] , by [Play Author], in the Librivox One Act Play Collection. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end:

End of [name of play] by [Play Author]
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kim,
I will record this today and get it posted.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kim,
I hope all is good here, please let me know.
Thank you,
April

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/adramaticevening_narrator_bangs.mp3 36 seconds