[COMPLETE] Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist/Alexander Berkman-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TriciaG wrote: January 27th, 2019, 11:01 am ChuckW is going to resurrect this as a group project.
Thanks Tricia!

Will also add word counts for each chapter. BRB.

EDIT: Whoops, don't have access to the MW yet. Nevermind. :lol:
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've changed the first post to your name. I'm not sure if you can edit it, though - I think there's a time limit for editing posts, and I assume that clock has run out based on the original post date. But you could try it.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TriciaG wrote: January 27th, 2019, 4:37 pm I've changed the first post to your name. I'm not sure if you can edit it, though - I think there's a time limit for editing posts, and I assume that clock has run out based on the original post date. But you could try it.
Great news! It worked! :-) Everything is edited and MC-ready.

EDIT: Also just realized the summary comes from Wikipedia. I'll write something new whenever I get a chance.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK, I've signed up again. I've taken the files out of cold storage and the listen links should work now.
Let's see if we can get this in the catalogue this time.

Anne
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

annise wrote: January 28th, 2019, 1:34 am OK, I've signed up again. I've taken the files out of cold storage and the listen links should work now.
Let's see if we can get this in the catalogue this time.

Anne
Woohoo! Thanks annise. :-)

I'll update the MW as soon as I have access. MrsHand is also sticking around as our DPL. Hopefully, we can finish this one relatively quickly (although this is a long one, so maybe not).
PROJECTS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Forgot to turn off the abandoned button :oops: .Should be right now

Anne
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

annise wrote: January 29th, 2019, 1:01 pm Forgot to turn off the abandoned button :oops: .Should be right now

Anne
Thanks Anne! I'll update the MW right now. :-)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

MW updated and ready for volunteers! :thumbs:
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

To annise: I rewrote the Wikipedia plot summary. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do as we wait for volunteers.
PROJECTS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've put the summary in the database in case I forget later, I think that's a good one, as it seems to be more about life in prison than anarchy. Readers will come, but possibly not instantly

Anne
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

annise wrote: February 1st, 2019, 12:46 pm I've put the summary in the database in case I forget later, I think that's a good one, as it seems to be more about life in prison than anarchy. Readers will come, but possibly not instantly

Anne
Thanks Anne!

One other thing: do you think we need to split the final chapter into two parts? It's well over 8000 words and will probably clock in at around 90+ minutes when recorded. However, I also noticed that one of the original reader's files ran really, really long, so I wasn't sure if we were still following that rule about audio file lengths.
PROJECTS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Let's just leave it. It's easy to do later as it is the last section and I have a feeling we might get 1 or 2 readers wanting to finish this because it is important for them. There are shorter sections available.
And I may be totally wrong :D :D

Anne
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

Hi

I'm just waiting for my one minute sound test to be approved by the Listeners and Editors page but then would love to get involved in this project.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_onhyattus.mp3

I can see that the chapters from Zuchthausbluethen are available, so would like to put my name down for this chapter.

In the book, this chapter is in Part two, chapter 12. So would I say - Part two: the penitentiary, chapter 12 Zuchthausbluethen - or would you leave out the part two bit?

Thanks

onhyattus - This is my preferred name to be used on project - pronounced on hiatus
or Helena :)
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

Hi

I've been cleared by Listeners and Editors.

I am ready to start at your convenience :D

Part 2: Chapter 12 "Zuchthausbluethen"

Thanks

Helena
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

onhyattus wrote: February 18th, 2019, 4:06 pm Hi

I've been cleared by Listeners and Editors.

I am ready to start at your convenience :D

Part 2: Chapter 12 "Zuchthausbluethen"

Thanks

Helena
Hi Helena,

Thanks for volunteering! I'm so glad that you've decided to help out with this project. And it looks like you'll one minute test was approved, so I'll add you to the MW right away. :-)

As for your question about the intro... well, I'm really glad you brought this to my attention. I'm not sure if it's obvious, but this is an abandoned solo recording I am taking over and completing as a group project. Unfortunately, I made a slight mistake when I took charge of this one: I didn't take into account the original intro used in all of vinal's recordings.

In his recordings, he seems to give us the section number without numbering the chapter. It usually goes like:

"Section [#] of Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist by Alexander Berkman. This Librivox recording is in the public domain. Recorded by _____. [chapter title]."

It seems he didn't provide part or chapter numbers... which is odd.

I'm going to contact annise (our MC) about this, but for now I would go ahead and give us the part and chapter numbers right before the chapter title. Something like this:

"Section [#] of Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist by Alexander Berkman. This Librivox recording is in the public domain. Recorded by _____. Part [#], Chapter [#]: [chapter title]."

This might be slightly inconsistent with the original recordings (and if annise thinks we should remain consistent, I'll let you know and amend this), but I think providing that information is important and will help anchor the listener. I'll edit the initial post to reflect this change.

Anyway, I'll PM her right now to get her opinion.

And again, thank you for joining us. :-)
PROJECTS