COMPLETE (SOLO/RUSSIAN) Vsevolod Garshin, Short Stories - dii

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

(SOLO/RUSSIAN) Всеволод Гаршин (Vsevolod Garshin), Рассказы для детей и взрослых (1855 - 1888).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/p-short-stories-for-children-and-adults-by-vsevolod-garshin/
Всеволод Михайлович Гаршин (1855-1888). Его первый опубликованный рассказ, «Четыре дня», сразу принес ему известность. В его творчестве драматизм действия заменён драматизмом мысли, драматизмом переживаний, которые и являются основным материалом для Гаршина. Писатель страдал приступами нервного расстройства и в возрасте 33 лет совершил самоубийство.
Первые пять сказок адресованы детям, "Сигнал" подросткам, остальные для зрелой аудитории.

Vsevolod Garshin (1855-1888). His short stories were an immediate success, but he suffered from periodical bouts of mental illness. At the age of 33 he committed suicide. His stories are characterized by a spirit of compassion and pity comparable to Dostoevsky's and Chekhov's.
His story Signal appears in English translation in LibriVox "Best Russian Short Stories" collection http://www.archive.org/download/best_russian_shortstories_1010_librivox/bestrussianshortstories_11_seltzer.mp3

(Mark Chulsky and Wikipedia)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://books.google.com/books/about/%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%8B.html?id=fM19nQEACAAJ
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900; Children's Fiction/Short works

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "секция [number,название, [продолжение]] Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org"
    • Say:
      " Всеволод Гаршин, Рассказы для детей и взрослых. [название, [продолжение]]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Cекция [number,название, [продолжение]]. Всеволод Гаршин, Рассказы для детей и взрослых. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс являeтся общественным достоянием"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Читал..."
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец рассказа [название] " or "Конец первой части рассказа [название], продолжение следует "
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец Рассказoв для детей и взрослых Всеволодa Гаршинa. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename shortstories_##_garshin_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. shortstories_01_garshin_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Всеволод Гаршин
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Рассказы для детей и взрослых

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dii - dii
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by chulsky on January 26th, 2018, 2:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
dii

Post by dii »

Hi Mark,

thanks for reposting this! The MW is now back up. I've added Xenium5 as DPL, will send her a PM.

Could you also post the other text link from google books? The one on Wiki has CC license.

I've shortened the filename a bit, although I don't remember if you had complete files before the crash and under what name. Let me know if you need to change anything else!
Diana
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

dii wrote:Hi Mark,

thanks for reposting this! The MW is now back up. I've added Xenium5 as DPL, will send her a PM.

Could you also post the other text link from google books? The one on Wiki has CC license.

I've shortened the filename a bit, although I don't remember if you had complete files before the crash and under what name. Let me know if you need to change anything else!
Thank you, Diana!
I'd rather read from the source I've chosen. There is a bug in the LV interface that cuts out Cyrillic characters from URLs. If you use the entire string
"https://ru.wikisource.org/wiki/Всеволод_Михайлович_Гаршин" as a URL, you will see at the bottom (C) is crossed out and a "public domain" statement. I could translate the entire box for you. Thanks again.
dii

Post by dii »

Hi Mark,

the problem with that box is that it states that the works of this author in general are in the public domain. Below you can see with smaller letters that this text version is under Creative Commons:
Текст доступен по лицензии Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike, в отдельных случаях могут действовать дополнительные условия. Подробнее см. Условия использования.
(I do speak Russian ;) )
Diana
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

It seems that the site crash has destroyed first Mark's track on which I was going to put here DLP notes :(
Mark, could you put it again online?
Xenia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

OK, thank you!
Did you find that book on Google books? Do you still have the link? Could you please help? I couldn't find the book there... :roll:
dii wrote:(I do speak Russian ;) )
:thumbs: Do you make audios in Russian too?
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Xenium5 wrote:It seems that the site crash has destroyed first Mark's track on which I was going to put here DLP notes :(
I have the track, will upload when the MW is restored. If you have listened, great, please post the notes!
dii

Post by dii »

karlkuzmich wrote:OK, thank you!
Did you find that book on Google books? Do you still have the link? Could you please help? I couldn't find the book there... :roll:
dii wrote:(I do speak Russian ;) )
:thumbs: Do you make audios in Russian too?
Not really... my active Russian is not that good. My mum is Russian so I understand it, but I don't really use it anymore because she learned Hungarian pretty fast... I do plan on activating it a bit! :oops:

Will try to find the Google Books version. Moving us to Going Solo in the meantime.
Diana
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

dii wrote:... my active Russian is not that good. My mum is Russian so I understand it, but I don't really use it anymore because she learned Hungarian pretty fast... I do plan on activating it a bit! :oops:

Will try to find the Google Books version. Moving us to Going Solo in the meantime.
Thank you, Diana, I found the book, updated the link.
If you do decide to make a recording in Rus., please let me know, I'd be happy to PL and help in whatever is needed. Sorry, I cannot help with Hungarian 8-)
dii

Post by dii »

Thanks, Mark! :D It'll probably be a while as I read super slow in Russian (not a big fan of Cyrillic) but will keep your offer in mind :wink:

I still see the Wikisource link in the first post, could you check? Thanks!
Diana
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

dii wrote:I still see the Wikisource link in the first post, could you check? Thanks!
Now I nailed it :-) Thanks!
dii

Post by dii »

:thumbs:

Have fun!
Diana
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

karlkuzmich wrote:
Xenium5 wrote:It seems that the site crash has destroyed first Mark's track on which I was going to put here DLP notes :(
I have the track, will upload when the MW is restored. If you have listened, great, please post the notes!
Here they are, finally:
First, you read perfectly - I was mesmerized :clap:
Second, I have only one thing to change - you say in the beginning "Секция восемнадцатая", though in the file tag (and it the table of MW) is "Секция 22".
I also notice some places with 'jumps' of sounds (скачки) - on 9:12 and 43:40, and with 'smacks' sounds (причмокивания) - on 13:18, 33:46, 34:17, 37:37. But they are note very noticible - so, it is up to you to amend them or not.
Btw you have 7 sec of silnce in the end, but for long recordings we need to make 10.
That is all form me. Good luck!
Xenia
dii

Post by dii »

Btw you can communicate in Russian here if it's more comfortable :)
Diana
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Xenia, very useful feedback (and thank you for the praise too!).
Feel free to switch to Russian, if you wish, you seem to be comfortable with English too. I spent about as big part of my life in the USSR as in the USA, so I'm OK with both :-)
After seeing how long the Red Flower was, I decided to split the longer stories in half, that's why the numbering difference that you noticed.
Did you save my feedback to your EO project? Let me know if not, and I'll re-PL.