[Complete] Catherine de Medici by Honore de Balzac (English)-lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

The project is still on. I have contracted oesophagus ulcers (super gross endoscopy pics :)).

So, the going will be slow, because I have trouble breathing. Also, I am making books commercially, and, understandably, these have to take priority. But I like this book-well, I like recording this book. So, when my voice heals, I can pick up the pace. I would like to finish it rather than hand it off.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Too bad about the voice problems. Please be sure to check in regularly even if you're not able to record.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

On that note, here is, finally, a new section.

I plan to edit in bulk. This is how I prefer to do it.

Also, if Cheryl doesn't mind, I have a question for her. Is this file 'too normalised'? I hope this question is general enough that answering it does not give you undue work. I am trying to go pro, and thus trying to improve recording standards. I'm sure it fits Librivox requirements, but, if you had paid for this, would you think the sound too compressed, ie. like talking through a funnel?
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

I have tried to upload the next chapter, but a red error message comes up. This might be because the section is relatively long at around fifty minutes, but I've never had trouble uploading this size before. (It is a bizarrely long chapter).
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote: February 17th, 2018, 12:19 am I have tried to upload the next chapter, but a red error message comes up. This might be because the section is relatively long at around fifty minutes, but I've never had trouble uploading this size before. (It is a bizarrely long chapter).
50 minutes isn't too long -- you can actually go to about 70 minutes. What is the error message you are getting?
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

undefined Error Empty file upload result
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

The file opens and I can listen to it, so the problem seems not to be a corrupted file.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Try logging out, and logging back in.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Sorry, life and sickness got in the way a bit there.

New chapter uploaded. There are only three sections left, so you can delete sections 24 and 25.

And I should be able to finish those sections in relatively short order to.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

HMM? I am getting a "not found" on the three new chapters.
Cheryl
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 2:54 pm HMM? I am getting a "not found" on the three new chapters.
Cheryl
Sections 18 and 20 had the wrong file names. The MW did not match the server. I have fixed them. But I can't find 19. It will need to be re-uploaded.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 18 and 20 PL OK
Section 19 PL Note: File not found
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Thank you for your efforts. Sorry about mislabelling. New track uploaded, plus nineteen again.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Hang on, nineteen did not work again. I think there's a system problem with larger files. I need to pop out now. I'll upload it later.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Nineteen still comes up as ERROR. Can the system not handle 50 minute tracks any more?