[Complete] Catherine de Medici by Honore de Balzac (English)-lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote:Just wanted to post an update into this project. I have been given a massive assignment to write six two-hundred page books about music. I also have to edit them, and, thanks to the skills I have been able to practice on Librivox, to record them too. Needless to say, my time is limited. However, I am still keen to push on with this project, and once Liszt, Chopin, Richard Strauss, Grieg, Rebecca Clarke, Olga Neuwirth and Amy Beach and a whole host of others are behaving themselves, I can post sporadically. I can certainly finish this by the end of September.
There's no rush here... if you check in like this every 2-3 months, that's fine. And congratulations on your commissions!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

It's been more than 3 months since you checked in. Are you still planning on recording this?
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Yes. The deadline for my books is right now, so I can crack on with the project ASAP.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

I'm back! My new microphone will take a couple of days to arrive, but I became impatient. I hope the sound quality of this one's up to snuff. I wanted to push on with the project.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

it is great your back.
On Sections 15 and 16 the MW is giving me file not found - It isn't set to ready for PL, but it looks like a file has been loaded???
Cheryls
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote:it is great your back.
On Sections 15 and 16 the MW is giving me file not found - It isn't set to ready for PL, but it looks like a file has been loaded???
Cheryls
There was an error in the file names. I've corrected them now.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 15 PL Notes at the beginning there is an exclamation -"What a ......it", that I think is going to have to be removed. :shock:

Section 16 PL notes: three very short repeats: 24: "Galley of the Louvre Gallows of the Louvre"
24:56 "Inquired the queen, inquired the queen"
27:22 Explained the prince....a sly look. Explained the ..."
:) Cheryl
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

I'm pretty sure that Section 15 intro is definitely part of the text. I cannot remember the context at all. I quite like the book.

Anyhow, I have since updated my microphone to a professional standard RODE with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 box thingy. This naturally records as a mono track. (This is because it has a second track with which you can plug in another mic). It can't record in stereo without a second mike, and thus a stereo file would be two exact copies of a mono track, which will be condensed into a mono file anyway. I enclose the next chapter recorded thus as a mono track, saved at proper bit rate etc. I hope it's okay.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

For the two tracks recorded, Catherine the Italian inexplicably becomes Scottish. I had in my mind Mary Stuart from a previous scene. She is Italian for all the other tracks-I checked, in case you were being too nice. I'm not particularly inclined to re-record the files, as she does not say much. I hope that this is acceptable. I can re-record if required.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Ligeti_Grieg, PL Notes, chapter 15 Ha, Ha, No "What a crock of shit" is definitely not part of the text. And will have to be removed. Thanks, Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

On Section 17 I am getting file not found?
The file name looks ok to me
Is this something to do with not being set to ready for PL?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote:I'm pretty sure that Section 15 intro is definitely part of the text. I cannot remember the context at all. I quite like the book.
The profanity does not appear in the Gutenberg text... if you are using an alternative text, that will have to be officially cleared. As it stands, it will need to be edited out. Thanks.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote:On Section 17 I am getting file not found?
The file name looks ok to me
Is this something to do with not being set to ready for PL?
Cheryl, you should be able to access it now. The file name on the server was wrong. The only way the server and Magic Window would be different is if one was edited after uploading. In this instance, the _128kb was added to the MW but not the server.

If you forget to add it to the file name, it's best to leave it and I (or whoever is the MC) will correct it at cataloguing.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

OK, That explains it, Thanks
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 17 PL Notes: A few short repeats or corrections:
9:20 "Wouldn't it be a fine thing ..Wouldn't it be..."
12:18 "They propose to put.. ppppp.. They propose to.."
20:15 "In less than an hour all was..In less than ..."
23:43 "The treasurer..The treasurer..."

Your new microphone sounds great.
I did notice the Scott's dialect, but I think it is ok, up to you.

Would you please set the "status" to "ready for PL" when you load a file, else it doesn't come up in my dashboard as ready for PL. Thanks
:D Cheryls