The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline?
Target completion date of this project: August 31, 2007 – but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen.
- Where do I find the text?
Gutenberg e-text: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/33
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
(BC admin link)
- BEFORE recording:
Please check the Recording Notes:
Set your recording software to:
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
Start of recording (Intro)
- "[Chapter] of The Scarlet Letter. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name]"
"The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. [Chapter]"
- At the end of the section, say:
“End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne."
Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording:
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
scarletletter_##_hawthorne.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (scarletletter_01_hawthorne.mp3)
ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: ## - [Section title]
Artist: Nathaniel Hawthorne
Album: The Scarlet Letter
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
- If you have your own server space, post the link here. Please leave the file in this location until the project is catalogued.
- If you don't have your own server space, feel free to use Gesine's uploader at http://librivox.gesine.org
- your name/pseudonym as you want to appear in the LibriVox catalog, and your website URL if you like. These are only necessary if this is your first LibriVox recording.
- the file size of your .mp3 file.
Please post below or PM me.