[Complete] Haunted London, Walter Thornbury - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

I would like to read Section 17 - Long Acre and its Tributaries, Part 1. It would be nice to get the book to the cataloging stage.

Regards,

Ian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ianstewart wrote:I would like to read Section 17 - Long Acre and its Tributaries, Part 1. It would be nice to get the book to the cataloging stage.

Regards,

Ian
Thank you
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

Herewith Section 17 - Long Acre and its Tributaries, Part 1. 28 minutes and 14 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hauntedlondon_17_thornbury_128kb.mp3

Regards,

Ian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ianstewart wrote:Herewith Section 17 - Long Acre and its Tributaries, Part 1. 28 minutes and 14 seconds.

Regards,

Ian
Thank you!
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Ianstewart wrote:Herewith Section 17 - Long Acre and its Tributaries, Part 1. 28 minutes and 14 seconds.

Regards,

Ian
A fine reading, Ian. I have just one item that occurs in three places. In the intro and outro we want chapter and part numbers and you have given section and part numbers:
00:01 I expected "Chapter 11 part 1 of ..."
00:27 I expected "Chapter 11 part 1"
28:00 I expected "End of chapter 11 part 1"

Otherwise a fine recording. Thank you!
Tom Penn
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

Section 17 re-uploaded with corrections. 28 minutes 12 seconds.

Regards,

Ian
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Ianstewart wrote:Section 17 re-uploaded with corrections. 28 minutes 12 seconds.

Regards,

Ian
Section 17 is PL OK! :clap:

Ian: Thank you Ian for pitching in and helping to get this project complete. Well done!

Lynne: all sections are PL oK. Over to you to get this book in the catalog. Thank you!
Tom Penn
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you, everyone. I'll work on this overnight.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/haunted-london-by-walter-thornbury/

Thank you, everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

When I uploaded Section 22 and 23 I made the same error in those uploads as I made in the upload of Section 17, where I referred, mistakenly, to section rather than chapter. The difference was that it was not picked up at the time. I see that the book is now on the catalog. Is it possible and/or necessary to correct the intro and outro to those sections where I referred, mistakenly to section rather than chapter? I am happy to make the corrections and re-upload.

Sorry to hit you with this now - I thought the cataloging process would take longer.

Regards,

Ian
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

Further to my previous post. Corrected Sections 22 and 23 are ready to upload if you want them.

Regards,

Ian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ianstewart wrote:Further to my previous post. Corrected Sections 22 and 23 are ready to upload if you want them.

Regards,

Ian
Thank you.

It is possible to make changes after cataloguing, but it is a lot of hassle. For such a minor error, I'm not sure it is worth it. If you had left out a paragraph of text, that would be different.

FYI, the MC's part of the cataloguing process takes but a few minutes (if all the files are technically correct). It is the deriving at Archive that takes the time and the MC can go off and leave it.
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

Thanks for replying so quickly. You have been so good at replying to my posts that I wonder if you ever sleep!

Regards,

Ian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ianstewart wrote:Thanks for replying so quickly. You have been so good at replying to my posts that I wonder if you ever sleep!

Regards,

Ian
Well, I do suffer from insomnia. I am also allergic to housework and only work part-time :lol: :lol:
Ianstewart

Post by Ianstewart »

Re: Problem with Haunted London.

I accessed the book via the catalog and sampled many of the chapters to hear what other readers sounded like. When I tried Section 3 (The Strand(South Side) - Part 1), I got a message "Page not found". The file name in the window at the top of the screen ended with "_thornbury_128.mp3_128kb.mp3". When I cut off the _128kb.mp3 part and hit the enter key, I got the recording.

I sent an email to the Librivox feedback address a few days ago about the problem (I hadn't spotted the unusual file name at that stage) but have had no response.

When I experimented today with the catalog and was able to get the recording, I thought you might be the best person to inform. If I should contact someone else, please let me know. You probably have enough to do without chasing up technical issues.

Regards,

Ian