(COMPLETE)Christmas Short Works Collection-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

thanks Kitty you'd be better than me at the Italian - I had to slow it down and read along with the text as I don't speak any Italian - did you take the links from the MW, I had to change them a bit because of invalid filename characters but didn't think to change the posts.

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

annise wrote:thanks Kitty you'd be better than me at the Italian - I had to slow it down and read along with the text as I don't speak any Italian
woops, yes the Italians are notorious for speaking fast LOL well, I learnt it in school, so I give it a try. If it is too fast I might have troubles too though LOL the French is excellently read so far, no trouble there. I finish that one first, then tackle the Italian.
did you take the links from the MW, I had to change them a bit because of invalid filename characters but didn't think to change the posts.
yes I donwloaded from the MW. I think the link is faulty, you inserted _mp3 instead of .mp3, if I'm not mistaken. I'll check in later if it works.

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Give me a few minutes I'll need to check on my real computer , looks like I didn't get all the invalid characters out - I did think I checked it :oops:

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote:Hi,
Here is my contribution:Un Réveillon chez Cambacérès(from Légendes du Noël...) by G. Lenôtre(1855-1935)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/csw16_unreveillonchezcambaceres_glenotre_my_128kb.mp3
Légendes du Noël, contes historiques (1916) by G. Lenotre (1855-1935)
http://www.archive.org/details/lgendesdunol00lenouoft
French language (France)
time: 17:32min
Bye,
Mayah
Hello Mayah

just finished listening to your unexpected Christmas story. The Comte de Saint-Germain always has been a fascinating character, so it was quite an enjoyable story. Also very well read, I really liked listening to your voice. :9:

However there are a few details that need tweaking before marking it PL ok:

1) it’s a tiny bit too loud for LV standards, checker tells me it’s 92.9 dB. We accept between 86 and 92 dB, with a preferred average of 89. Could you please de-amplify it by 2 dB at least ?

2) at 4:20 (p. 65): missing part of a sentence: “par la voix solennelle de ces cloches

3) we also have a standard of 5 seconds of silence at the end of each recording, here, you have barely 3 seconds, could you also insert 2 more please

Thanks
Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Italian links work now, I'd missed a comma - sorry, should have made the print bigger - it was lurking

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

annise wrote:Italian links work now, I'd missed a comma - sorry, should have made the print bigger - it was lurking

Anne
:thumbs: managed to download it ! Will PL in a while. Meanwhile you can mark PL notes for the French text (see above)

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've PMed her

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Fabiola

you chose a very famous Bible text :thumbs: It's nicely read, not too fast for me actually, so I did manage to follow with the text 8-) and I found no textual errors whatsoever. I looooove the Italian language. :9: I wish I could talk as fluently as this.

Anyway, the Luca text is PL ok. I'm gonna do Matthew in a short while. Stay tuned.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Finished listening to Matteo. All PL ok as well :) Very nice, hearing the same story twice but with differences. Thanks, Fabiola.

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks very much Sonia - :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Still open for last minute contributions . If you are nearly there let me know.

Anne
fabiola

Post by fabiola »

Thank you very much Sonia :)
I'm glad you like them.

Fabiola
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks - may I have the duration too?

Anne
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Apologies, I always forget something. :)
01:21, 02:20 respectively.