Post by kathrinee »

Moving back to Readers Wanted
Kathrine
ILOVECOWSLC

Post by ILOVECOWSLC »

I want 25 plese
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

25 is all yours! Have you done a 1-minute test yet? It would be a good idea to check your tech specs before recording. :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ILOVECOWSLC

Post by ILOVECOWSLC »

ok here is sections 25 this is a good chapter
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/TASCAM_0294.mp3
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hey there :) I'm afraid Audacity didn't recognize your file as an mp3 and wouldn't play it, so I'm not really sure what to do. What did you use to record and export? I'd recommend posting a short sample of this file in Listeners and Editors wanted for someone else to take a look at; at the moment I don't have the equipment to check tech specs.

Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks a bunch, Roohi :)
Rachel

rlangley

Post by rlangley »

Okay, sure hope this worked!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure did! :clap:
In the future, you'll need to copy and paste the link the uploader gives you, to save me having to hunt through the back end for your file, but I've got it now, so no worries :)

I will listen as soon as I can and let you know if any changes need to be made. Thanks!
Rachel

rlangley

Post by rlangley »

Ack! Thought I did, sorry. :-/

Do let me know.... thanks!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

PL notes for Chapter 7:
Overall very nicely done! You've got a very clear voice and I like your storytelling style :D Just one interesting problem - between 10:28 and 11:39 the file is silent, and you're missing a big chunk (between the bolded bits):
all the creatures in the cave were wide awake, and talking all together.

“‘I’ll tell you what,’ said a big white polar bear”—

“What’s a polar bear?” interrupted Joel, with a shout.

The mince-pie boy and the beasts.

“You mustn’t interrupt,” said Polly; “it’s a bear that lives at the Poles.”

“What Poles? Are they clothes-poles?” asked Joel persistently. “Say, Polly; and did the bear help to hang out the clothes to dry?”

“No, no—don’t ask so many questions, Joe; I never shall get through if you do. This bear came from the North Pole, where it is dreadfully cold. And he loved mince-pie, oh, terribly! And he began, ‘Now, fellow bears and bearesses, and wolves, and—and—wolveresses.’”

“And crocodiles,” said Joel; “don’t forget them.”

“No, I won’t. ‘And crocodiles and croco—crocodilesses and all the rest of you,’ because, you see, he couldn’t mention them all by name, for he wouldn’t have had time for his speech if he had; ‘we must get some of that boy’s mince-pie. It isn’t fair for him to have so much, and we to have none. Now, I have a plan; and if you will all do just as I say, I will get you some mince-pie.’ So they all—the different beasts and beastesses—crowded around the white polar bear, and he spoke out his plan.

“‘You know the company is coming to the big man’s house’—the beasts always called Adolphus’s house by that name—‘and we shall be sent for as usual. Now, when we get there, let us march into the hall as if we were going to perform. But instead of that I shall go right straight up in front of the big man and that dreadful mince-pie boy, and shall roar at them: ‘I will eat off your head and scrunch your bones, unless you give me some mince-pie this minute!’”
Also, please add about 5 seconds of quiet on to the end of the file - you could copy and paste from some earlier pauses.
Let me know if you need any help figuring out how to fix any of this :D
Rachel
Rachel

Craigos

Post by Craigos »

If you need any help finishing this one off, I'd be pleased to read some
more.
rlangley

Post by rlangley »

I'm so sorry for my negligence. I ended up having mouth surgery (of all things) a couple weeks ago and my speech still isn't back to normal. I don't know why the original recording got messed up, but I think I'd better give this section up for someone who can finish it in a timely fashion. Thanks! :-/
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Just curious about the status of this project. It seems to have stagnated. If sections are being orphaned, I can help out. I track my projects pretty closely, and if there's one thing that bothers me, it's seeing incomplete projects. :?
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
Roohi

Post by Roohi »