COMPLETE The House with the Twisting Passage -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

good to hear from you again :D
Carolin
smike

Post by smike »

I had so many changes in my life since April that I didn't actually notice it has been so long. I'll try to listen this weekend. xx
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
Carod

Post by Carod »

and another! I'm taking advantage of a break in the building works :D

Chapter 14 uploaded.

(I'm aware that Chapter 13 is outstanding - it's a long one and I haven't finished the edits on it yet)

Caro
Carod

Post by Carod »

Carod

Post by Carod »

Hi

Just checking you saw my previous posts and know that there are 3 chapters awaiting PL.

Also, I wonder if you can suggest what might be causing a problem with my new recording :help:

The Audacity project is mono, but when I come to export to audio I only get the option of stereo or joint stereo, and checker then fails the file. I have looked around on the Internet and read that Audacity should only give me those stereo format options when exporting if it is a stereo recording. I just don't know what to do - I have not changed anything from previous recordings and as far as I can see my settings are correct :|

I've raised a query in the Audacity Help forum. anything else you would suggest?

Many thanks

Caro
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Really strange :hmm:

I think someone over in need help got advice someone will be able to help you out :)

I think we might need to find a new dpl. Ill send claudia a message but ill advertise for a new dpl if we haven't heard back from her by the time your next chapter is in :) thank you!
Carolin
smike

Post by smike »

I'm sorry. :oops:

I listened to the chapters, and as far as I can tell, they're all PL OK. I'm not at home at present, so can't check the tech specs.
I'll do that once I'm at my own laptop mid next week.

ETA: All chapters are PL OK and marked as such in the MW. :)
Claudia

Carod

Post by Carod »

Just getting in touch to say I am still trying to get past the exporting to stereo problem with Audacity. I have followed up several suggestions from technical forum contributors to no avail. SOooo frustrating!

I absolutely intend to finish this project, but I'm completely stalled till I get past this problem.

Caro
Carod

Post by Carod »

I think I have found a workaround for the export problem. I'm back on track!

Chapter 16 uploaded and ready for PL.

Caro
smike

Post by smike »

Great news, Caro! Chapter 16 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Claudia

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:clap:
Carolin
Carod

Post by Carod »

Chapter 17 uploaded.

Caro
smike

Post by smike »

Hi Caro, chapter 17 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Claudia

msfry

Post by msfry »

I am really looking forward to listening to this book, as I am very interested in nursing homes and assisted living scenarios.
Carod

Post by Carod »

It's a wonderful book, but it may not be what you are expecting as it's a set of delightful children's stories set into a larger story about the daughter of a wealthy household. The "rest home" element is simply a construct to allow many interesting characters to be assembled in close proximity so they can tell their tales to a little girl who is the heroine of the story.

I'd thoroughly recommend listening (as it's such a lovely book, not because I'm reading it! :lol: ) but there's really no subject matter concerning nursing homes and assisted living per se.

Caro