COMPLETE Poems of American History, The Civil War - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thank you, I'll listen soon
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Another wonderful reading, realisticspeakers. There are two missed edits. At about :53 the phrase "had scarcely" is repeated after a mispronunciation, and at about 1:10 "put it through" is heard twice also. Easy ones!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

edhumpal wrote:Another wonderful reading, realisticspeakers. There are two missed edits. At about :53 the phrase "had scarcely" is repeated after a mispronunciation, and at about 1:10 "put it through" is heard twice also. Easy ones!
Thanks!

Fixed [1:08:16]

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsofamericanhistory4_10_various_128kb.mp3
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thank you, PL OK!
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Ann, I have a MW problem. I recorded the first section, and it was waaay too long. Bad page count by me, I guess. It included both the opening poem, The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and the first chapter, The Slavery Question.

I pulled out the Battle Hymn and sharpened my cursor on the remainder and got section 1 about one second under "CD length." I did new intros and outros for The Battle Hymn, intending to make it section 0, but while I could create a new section, I couldn't make it section 0 by dragging. So it is sitting at the bottom as section 14. Can you help?
NikisEssentials

Post by NikisEssentials »

I'm interested in section 14: The Battle Hymn of the Republic, please.
May you be well, happy and peaceful.

~Niki Myers
Owner and Creator of Niki's Essentials
http://www.nikisessentials.com
nikisessentials@gmail.com
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

OK, Niki, you're on. Hold up a minute though, because actually it will be section 0, not section 14, when Ann, our Librivox Guide and Mentor, fixes my mistake. So it will have to be read, "Section Zero, Poems of American History....etc." It's the opening poem of the volume, and I'll reserve it in the Window now, just make sure you wait until the solution has presented itself. Thank you!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

edhumpal wrote:OK, Niki, you're on. Hold up a minute though, because actually it will be section 0, not section 14, when Ann, our Librivox Guide and Mentor, fixes my mistake. So it will have to be read, "Section Zero, Poems of American History....etc." It's the opening poem of the volume, and I'll reserve it in the Window now, just make sure you wait until the solution has presented itself. Thank you!

Fixed, Easy peasy! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

There ya go, Nik. I'm thrilled that you're from Gettysburg, by the way, and joining us on this volume.
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Ann, would you give section 1 a listen? Warning: thare's a passel o'dialeckt writ out lak it was 'posed to sound. Boy howdy, that stuff is hard to read. Mainly, here, its a way to jeer at Southerners. I sure am glad that name calling and bigoted profiling is no longer part of our political system, eh?
NikisEssentials

Thanks, all. Sorry for the delay. My electric company has been more bipolar than me (I have bipolar. I'm teasing myself. It's ok). Electric company equipment maintenance equals no power which also equals no interwebs.

I 've been trying to catch up with posting my last addition to LibraVox, and homework.

So to catch up: YAY section 0, got it. And being a huge civil war nut is why I moved to Gettysburg, PA in the first place, and why I chose to do this particular project and this poem. I was honestly hoping to be able to do things like this with LibraVox. It's rather thrilling.

I'll work it this weekend. I got slammed with some weather map lab for meteorology class I need to do that first.

~Niki Myers
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

All good Nikki, welcome aboard. Most people get their recordings in a few weeks after claiming, often a month or two. And this is a very slow moving project. There will be sections to claim for a while.
NikisEssentials

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsofamericanhistory4_00_various_128kb.mp3

Section 00, The Battle Hymn of the Republic

Time: 02:35.507

It passed the checker, and I hope it passes human ears, and when it does, I would also like to move onto section 4 since it is still open at this time.

~Niki Myers
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

OK, Nikki, this is what you call slow? Well, this project could use a firecracker.

One PL note for you: at the end of this recording, you say, "End of Poems of American... etc" which is only said at the end of the last section of the book. You may have been working on it already while Ann was moving it. Cut that out and make sure there's five seconds left on the end, and it will be done.

It's possible to claim multiple sections. You know your own time best and you can claim what you expect you can do in a month or so. On the other hand, I appreciate the conservative "one at a time" approach - it's best for everyone when readers don't spread themselves too thin.

So I put you in for section 4, and if there is another you you're hoping to get, please say so and I'll put you in for that too. You could even - bold move! - claim the remaining sections. I leave that to you and your inner muse. :)
NikisEssentials

Those are easy fixes. I was only going off the scriptey intro/outro parts ya know ;) I'll do it right away. I'm still learning :D Thanks for the patience.

One at a time is preferred for me. I run my own business, I am also an adult student, and have to fill orders with my handmade bath and body products, as well as working on developing my line of essential oil blends and fragrance and body oils. I prefer to take a project when I know I can dedicate the time to do it within its specified time frame. I don't like to plan too far ahead. I need to make allowances for deviations.

Edit:
I edited the ending as prescribed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsofamericanhistory4_00_various_128kb.mp3
02:28.767

~Niki Myers