Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

10 is all yours, tovarisch.
Jo
HeartsandStars

Post by HeartsandStars »

I'll take Section 12--The Carolina Paroquet.

Thanks!
Andrea
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

All set, Andrea.
Jo
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Hi,

Here is Section 20 - The Transformation of the Viceroy (file duration - 5:20).

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsandallnaturenov1899_20_various_128kb.mp3

Have a great day!

Holly
Holly

"I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." ~Kasper Gutman
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks Holly!
Jo
jftocanada

Post by jftocanada »

Here is completed section 9, "The Bee And The Flower"

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsandallnaturenov1899_09_various_128kb.mp3

(duration ~ 5:19)

sincerely,

jftocanada
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Section 10 (The Canary) has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsandallnaturenov1899_10_various_128kb.mp3 10:06

Please PL. Thanks!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

MW updated with sections 9 & 10. Thanks both of you for your files. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Sections 1 & 2 are PL OK.

PL notes on section 9:

at 2:43, the sentence "The buttercup is one of the most interesting flowers that secrete nectar" is missing
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Sections 10 is PL OK.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Section 20 is PL OK.

Since I think this is probably your first recording Holly, may I suggest that you try backing off a little on your noise reduction settings for future recordings? I noticed some significant artifacts in the background which suggests that your settings may be a little too aggressive. :)
Jo
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Jo,

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's actually my SECOND recording, but I'm getting feedback on both recordings at the same time. I was told that my first recording (on another project) was 85 db, but they want 89 db, so I THINK I fixed that issue.

About my overuse of noise reduction: So is that what was causing those weird Darth Vader-like noises whenever I took a breath? I kept reducing the noise more and more to get rid of that, but it seemed to get worse and worse. Now I know what NOT to do!

I could try the recording again if you think it's worth it. I wouldn't mind doing that at all. Just say the word.

Holly
Holly

"I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." ~Kasper Gutman
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

HollyJenson wrote:Jo,

About my overuse of noise reduction: So is that what was causing those weird Darth Vader-like noises whenever I took a breath? I kept reducing the noise more and more to get rid of that, but it seemed to get worse and worse. Now I know what NOT to do!

Holly
Yup, that's exactly what causes it! I don't think you need to rerecord this one, but if you find better settings and would like to you are certainly welcome to do so. The recording as it stands is PL OK. I only mentioned it so you can hopefully get better results on your next one. :)
Jo
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Hi, Jo!

Here is my second try. Please let me know if there is any improvement, or if this one has the same issues with artifact. I amplified it a little bit, as per the feedback I got from my recording for the other project, and I tried to go easier on the noise reduction. I still have a feeling that it's not quite right yet, but I'm hoping there is at least an improvement.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsandallnaturenov1899_20_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Holly
Holly

jftocanada

Post by jftocanada »

Thank You Jo ~

Here's section 9 re-uploaded with the sentence correction.

I've finally gotten the hang of the particular intricacies noise reduction
(some tutorials on youtube were incorrect) and just fyi ~
silverquill's PL feedback a couple of editions ago in this collection was also helpful ~
I made an ajustment to mic level input and modified the placement of my microphone ~
and was able to eliminate any audible trace of a computer fan motor.
As well, through work on other librivox projects I have been able to learn how to avoid
'spiking' when making editing inserts etc.
I feel this recording should now be good to go.
Let me know ~
I enjoy this process

Sincerely,

jftocanada

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsandallnaturenov1899_09_various_128kb.mp3

(duration ~ 5:24)

I guess this can't provide a new link but overwrites my first upload considering it's the very same file name...it would be helpful if you could confirm this for me jo...
not being a twitter or facebook or even mobile phone user does make the process of catching on
to the workings of this forum a little longer for me.

:)