[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 27th, 2017, 8:07 pm

HZFerr wrote:May I claim, for PL,

Part 4 Chapter 8: Truthfulness, Etc.

This book is great. :D
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 27th, 2017, 8:10 pm

HZFerr wrote:PL completed.

Perfect! Great job. :thumbs: :clap:
In future, could you mention the section you have PLd please. I know you pre-claimed, but it makes my life easier 8-)
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 4264
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » August 28th, 2017, 10:22 am

May I claim, for PL,

Part 5 Chapter 6: Reading by Sight and by Sound

:D
Helen-

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 28th, 2017, 10:47 am

HZFerr wrote:May I claim, for PL,

Part 5 Chapter 6: Reading by Sight and by Sound

:D
Thanks
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 4264
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » August 28th, 2017, 7:28 pm

PL completed for:

Part 5 Chapter 6: Reading by Sight and by Sound

15:47 I hear, (a very, very, slight stumble), wherever...these combinations occur.

Awesome reading job. :clap:
Helen-

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 28th, 2017, 8:22 pm

HZFerr wrote:PL completed for:

Part 5 Chapter 6: Reading by Sight and by Sound

15:47 I hear, (a very, very, slight stumble), wherever...these combinations occur.

Awesome reading job. :clap:
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42507
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 29th, 2017, 9:14 am

Section 45 PL notes:

11:17 - "we hope she had never seen" - I heard "has"
15:00 - "no doubt it was simple and fit in its first intention" - I heard "for"
15:12 - "the child became a plant" - I heard "children"
18:18 - "something strenuous in the new play" - I heard "this"
20:23-20:27 - fairly long pause between paragraph title and the next sentence.
21:34 - "Importance of Personal Initiative" repeated at 21:39
26:34-26:36 - long pause in a sentence
27:07 - "the shadows of the prison-house" - I hear "shadow"
27:58 - "says Miss Keller of the arrival of her teacher" - I hear "on"
29:42 - "more and better, if less showily" - I hear "slowly"
30:35 - "over the dead wall of systematized education" - I hear "systemized" (accent? Personal pronunciation?)
32:35 - "and the great teacher a prophet" - I hear "and that the great teacher" ("that" shouldn't be there)
36:12 - "the best training ground for a child" - I hear "the"

Plosives throughout. Not much to do about it now, but watch your mic placement in future recordings. :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Humorous Alcohol Fic/Poetry: The Old Soak, and Hail & Farewell
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 29th, 2017, 9:30 am

TriciaG wrote:Section 45 PL notes:

11:17 - "we hope she had never seen" - I heard "has"
15:00 - "no doubt it was simple and fit in its first intention" - I heard "for"
15:12 - "the child became a plant" - I heard "children"
18:18 - "something strenuous in the new play" - I heard "this"
20:23-20:27 - fairly long pause between paragraph title and the next sentence.
21:34 - "Importance of Personal Initiative" repeated at 21:39
26:34-26:36 - long pause in a sentence
27:07 - "the shadows of the prison-house" - I hear "shadow"
27:58 - "says Miss Keller of the arrival of her teacher" - I hear "on"
29:42 - "more and better, if less showily" - I hear "slowly"
30:35 - "over the dead wall of systematized education" - I hear "systemized" (accent? Personal pronunciation?)
32:35 - "and the great teacher a prophet" - I hear "and that the great teacher" ("that" shouldn't be there)
36:12 - "the best training ground for a child" - I hear "the"

Plosives throughout. Not much to do about it now, but watch your mic placement in future recordings. :)
Thank you, Tricia
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

DrPGould
Posts: 2793
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » August 29th, 2017, 2:55 pm

PL Notes for Section 44--3 minor corrections:

At 3:14 I heard "but at the expense." I expected "but this at the expense."
At 3:18 I heard "of external world." I expected "of the external world."
At 6:52 I heard "govern the Kindergarten training" I expected "govern Kindergarten training"

I enjoyed your reading.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 29th, 2017, 3:54 pm

DrPGould wrote:PL Notes for Section 44--3 minor corrections:

At 3:14 I heard "but at the expense." I expected "but this at the expense."
At 3:18 I heard "of external world." I expected "of the external world."
At 6:52 I heard "govern the Kindergarten training" I expected "govern Kindergarten training"

I enjoyed your reading.

Many thanks,

Philip
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

DrPGould
Posts: 2793
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » August 29th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Pl Notes for Section 43:

At 2:26 I heard "against their intellectual effort" I expected "against intellectual effort."
At 3:33 I heard "such a rare avis" I expected "such a rara avis"
At 14:16 I heard "the professional chair" I expected "the professorial chair"

Many thanks for your reading.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 29th, 2017, 5:03 pm

DrPGould wrote:Pl Notes for Section 43:

At 2:26 I heard "against their intellectual effort" I expected "against intellectual effort."
At 3:33 I heard "such a rare avis" I expected "such a rara avis"
At 14:16 I heard "the professional chair" I expected "the professorial chair"

Many thanks for your reading.

Philip
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 4264
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » August 31st, 2017, 6:32 pm

The Pl is completed for

Part 4 Chapter 8: Truthfulness, Etc

1:32 I hear, only one kind is visited .... Text, only one kind visted

2:04 I hear, the fact that he.... Text, the fact is he


good job :clap:
Helen-

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16807
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 31st, 2017, 9:27 pm

HZFerr wrote:The Pl is completed for

Part 4 Chapter 8: Truthfulness, Etc

1:32 I hear, only one kind is visited .... Text, only one kind visted

2:04 I hear, the fact that he.... Text, the fact is he


good job :clap:
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30+ sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 4264
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » September 4th, 2017, 6:55 pm

Home Education Series Vol. I: Home Education by Charlotte Mason

PL for, 31 Part 3 Chapter 7: The Forming of a Habit---'Shut the Door After You'

Level of prooflistening requested: wordperfect.

This chapter is listed as PL OK, but errors I found were not corrected.

It is not wordperfect.
Helen-

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Post Reply