[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

boatharbor wrote:39, 42, and 43 are fixed :D
ETA: Thank you dear, dedicated PLs who listened to me ramble.
Thank you. Hope you have dried out.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi everyone.
Thank you for your patience and hard work on this project. I know it has been a challenge.

In order to bring the project to a conclusion, I have ensured remaining chapters satisfy standard PL requirements (that is where the meaning is not changed but there may have been an extra 'and' or 'but' added, or missed out). This is the standard most projects at Librivox call for.
I have also fixed any technical or volume issues that were outstanding.

So, at last, off to the catalog 8-)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

kithenry

Post by kithenry »

Has the next volume been started?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

kithenry wrote: March 20th, 2018, 6:24 pm Has the next volume been started?
Not as far as I know. There has bee no interest expressed.
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

I am interested in helping to record the next volume! I keep checking to see if someone has started it, but should I go ahead and post on the new project launch pad?
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AbbyJay wrote: March 21st, 2018, 6:00 am I am interested in helping to record the next volume! I keep checking to see if someone has started it, but should I go ahead and post on the new project launch pad?
If you would like to coordinate it, there is a template to fill out (you will find it on the launch pad) -- but be warned, it is a lot of work, which I think is why Aaron drifted away. It is a commitment for several months (I think Part 1 was over a year). If you don't want to do that, you can post it in the Book Suggestions forum and someone might pick it up and do the hard work for you 8-)

Edit: I am not finding a Public Domain version, which means we would not be able to record it.
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

Thanks, Lynnet. I did a quick search and only found Vol 1 and 3 out of the series available on archive.org. I am not sure I can coordinate the project at this time (I have never coordinated one before). I will look into it though.
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

I was looking into this again and found Vol 2 on google books. Would this work to make a recording?

https://books.google.com/books/about/Parents_and_Children.html?id=4OuLtPUXiYsC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AbbyJay wrote: November 19th, 2018, 1:24 pm I was looking into this again and found Vol 2 on google books. Would this work to make a recording?

https://books.google.com/books/about/Parents_and_Children.html?id=4OuLtPUXiYsC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button
We cannot accept Google Books as Public Domain. They may be, but we have no way of checking or the funds to defend a possible lawsuit.
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

Ok. Thank you, Lynnet! Trying to understand how this all works still. So is the reason they are not in archive.org because they are not in public domain or just because they have not been scanned into archive.org?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uva.x000598782;view=1up;seq=7 has a 1904 scan,
and
volume 3 https://archive.org/details/homeeducationser03masouoft/page/n7 1909
If that's what you are after

(I'm not clever , there is a whole ambleside section in the wiki :D )

Anne
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

Ah! Thank you, Annise for looking. That Vol 2 on hathitrust appears to be marked "public domain," so we could use that to make a recording?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

They are both scans, and they both have a date on the title page, so we know those pages were published then so yes we could have that version in the catalogue.

Anne
DKimbrell

Post by DKimbrell »

Can we revive this post?
I am very interested in having CMs volumes put on Librivox, and would be very willing to help record several chapters.