[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
groovyrainbow

Post by groovyrainbow »

aaronml wrote:okey dokey! :lol: (Can you give your catalogue name please? Thanks!) :D
Alright. I guess I will just be known as "Lori Davidson."
Lori
vickihib

Post by vickihib »

Please can I record:

62 Part 5 Chapter 20: French

This will be my first recording and I would like my name on it to be Vicki Hibbins.

TammyGlaser

Post by TammyGlaser »

It looks like you are full. But, if you need someone, I'll be happy to read anything CM.
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

vickihib wrote:Please can I record:

62 Part 5 Chapter 20: French

This will be my first recording and I would like my name on it to be Vicki Hibbins.

That would be wonderful! Thank you Vicki! I'll reserve your sections right away! But first, you need to complete a one minute test to make sure your tech specs are OK. Here are the instructions. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test When you're done please post a link to your test in the listeners wanted forum. Thanks! :D
Aaron
Laurke

Post by Laurke »

I think I'd better use my real name for the catalogue name since everyone else is! Instead of Laurke, it will be Laura Witten.
1 minute test:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_laurke.mp3

They said that one wasn't great, so here is the latest:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_laurke3.mp3
Last edited by Laurke on August 15th, 2016, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

TammyGlaser wrote:It looks like you are full. But, if you need someone, I'll be happy to read anything CM.
Thank you. Sorry you missed out. :( However some readers do fall through, and aren't able to complete their sections. If anyone gives up a section or two, I will notify you via PM.
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Laurke wrote:I think I'd better use my real name for the catalogue name since everyone else is! Instead of Laurke, it will be Laura Witten.
1 minute test:
It's been done before so it is possible if you haven't recorded for any other projects. However I don't know how. I will ask Lynnet, my MC. Also, you need to create a new topic in the listeners wanted forum and post your test there. Thank you! :thumbs:
Aaron
PurposefulAbnegation

Post by PurposefulAbnegation »

Laurke wrote:I think I'd better use my real name for the catalogue name since everyone else is! Instead of Laurke, it will be Laura Witten.
1 minute test:
My Librivox name is a pseudonym... ;)
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein
DeanneLeavitt

Post by DeanneLeavitt »

I submitted my test...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62077
DeanneLeavitt

Post by DeanneLeavitt »

aaronml wrote:
TammyGlaser wrote:It looks like you are full. But, if you need someone, I'll be happy to read anything CM.
Thank you. Sorry you missed out. :( However some readers do fall through, and aren't able to complete their sections. If anyone gives up a section or two, I will notify you via PM.

I would be willing to share. I took 5 parts, both to be helpful and because they are all in the same section of the book and I like to be orderly. :-) What I currently have is 20, 21, 22, 23, 24. It may be a little much as I've never done this before and I'm a little overwhelmed with even getting the recording right. Would you like 23 and 24? As long as its ok, aaronml?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Laurke's catalog entry has been edited. FYI, although most people use their real name, some MC's recommend not doing that for security purposes.

Also, name changes are relatively straightforward but only admins can do them (not BCs). Any recordings submitted under the old name will stay under the old name.

I am working on adding Rachel as DPL, but have hit a technical glitch. Still working on that.
Rachel, please be sure to read the guide viewtopic.php?t=17680 and I strongly recommend the quiz - just added by one of our admins, who is a superstar PLer :D
Please note you cannot PL sections you read yourself.
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

DeanneLeavitt wrote:
aaronml wrote:

I would be willing to share. I took 5 parts, both to be helpful and because they are all in the same section of the book and I like to be orderly. :-) What I currently have is 20, 21, 22, 23, 24. It may be a little much as I've never done this before and I'm a little overwhelmed with even getting the recording right. Would you like 23 and 24? As long as its ok, aaronml?
It's completely fine if you want to drop them! :D Should I go ahead and reserve those sections for you Tammy?
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Lynnet wrote:Laurke's catalog entry has been edited. FYI, although most people use their real name, some MC's recommend not doing that for security purposes.

Also, name changes are relatively straightforward but only admins can do them (not BCs). Any recordings submitted under the old name will stay under the old name.

I am working on adding Rachel as DPL, but have hit a technical glitch. Still working on that.
Rachel, please be sure to read the guide viewtopic.php?t=17680 and I strongly recommend the quiz - just added by one of our admins, who is a superstar PLer :D
Please note you cannot PL sections you read yourself.
Thanks Lynnet! :D
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

DeanneLeavitt wrote:I submitted my test...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62077
It's great to know we're one step closer to hearing you read!
Aaron
Lilymarie

Post by Lilymarie »

This project is amazing! Haha, I didn't sign up fast enough!
I'm a CM student, and my mom has been giving me the play-by-play about this from the AO forum :) . It's so cool to see all of these wonderful CM mothers (and others as well) joining together to read this book!
Are you planning on doing the following volumes? I would love to help record Ourselves if we are able to do it.
Great job, Aaron!
-Lily Marie
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1 :)