[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
PurposefulAbnegation
Posts: 29
Joined: March 10th, 2016, 11:22 pm

Post by PurposefulAbnegation » August 30th, 2016, 11:02 am

rachelrw wrote:
PurposefulAbnegation wrote:Okay here is the revised version. I edited out the mic bump and a background noise that wasn't during a word. Here is to being another step closer to PL OK! :D

61 - Grammar
(10:38)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_61_mason_128kb.mp3
Hi Katie,
Did you re-record the whole thing? Or just edit the parts that needed changing? I just need to know if I need to listen to the whole recording again.. or just the spots that I mentioned in my PL Notes. Thanks!
Just edited! No don't listen to the whole thing dearie!
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein

rachelrw
Posts: 62
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Post by rachelrw » August 30th, 2016, 7:36 pm

PL OK for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

Yay! Thank you, Katie!

PurposefulAbnegation
Posts: 29
Joined: March 10th, 2016, 11:22 pm

Post by PurposefulAbnegation » August 30th, 2016, 11:28 pm

rachelrw wrote:PL OK for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

Yay! Thank you, Katie!
:clap: Yippee!!! I miss the like button here...
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein

aaronml
Posts: 560
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Post by aaronml » August 31st, 2016, 10:55 am

MrsA wrote:Here is section 66:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_66_128kb.mp3

I had a little trouble when recording, but I think I was able to fix it all and it sounds ok now. Let me know if I should redo it. :)
Oh I'm so sorry I missed this! :oops:
Aaron

MrsA
Posts: 36
Joined: August 15th, 2016, 4:40 am

Post by MrsA » August 31st, 2016, 4:50 pm

aaronml wrote:
MrsA wrote:Here is section 66:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_66_128kb.mp3

I had a little trouble when recording, but I think I was able to fix it all and it sounds ok now. Let me know if I should redo it. :)
Oh I'm so sorry I missed this! :oops:
No need to feel sorry! You've got a lot to keep track of! Thank you for all your hard work! :thumbs:

aaronml
Posts: 560
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Post by aaronml » August 31st, 2016, 6:55 pm

MrsA wrote:
aaronml wrote:
MrsA wrote:Here is section 66:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_66_128kb.mp3

I had a little trouble when recording, but I think I was able to fix it all and it sounds ok now. Let me know if I should redo it. :)
Oh I'm so sorry I missed this! :oops:
No need to feel sorry! You've got a lot to keep track of! Thank you for all your hard work! :thumbs:
No thank you for your contributions! Thanks to you this project is two steps closer to completion! :D
Aaron

marybethingrace
Posts: 13
Joined: August 13th, 2016, 10:57 am

Post by marybethingrace » September 1st, 2016, 11:43 am

I'm sorry if this question has an obvious answer. I appreciate your patience with this newbie...
I'm getting ready to start recording but had a question about what was to be included in the beginning of each recording.
The instructions say:

DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
>"Part [number] Chapter [number] of Home Education Series Vol. I: Home Education. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
>Say:
"Home Education Series Vol. I: Home Education, by Charlotte Mason. Part [number] Chapter [number and name]"
If you wish, say: "Read by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"


At the beginning of each recording do i say BOTH of those things (where the arrows are)? Or Is the first one (blue) just for the very first/intro section, and the second (red) for all the other sections, or do I say both everytime?

Just wanted to clarify before i begin! Thanks!

Mary Beth Shaw

aaronml
Posts: 560
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Post by aaronml » September 1st, 2016, 12:51 pm

marybethingrace wrote:I'm sorry if this question has an obvious answer. I appreciate your patience with this newbie...
I'm getting ready to start recording but had a question about what was to be included in the beginning of each recording.
The instructions say:

DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
>"Part [number] Chapter [number] of Home Education Series Vol. I: Home Education. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
>Say:
"Home Education Series Vol. I: Home Education, by Charlotte Mason. Part [number] Chapter [number and name]"
If you wish, say: "Read by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"


At the beginning of each recording do i say BOTH of those things (where the arrows are)? Or Is the first one (blue) just for the very first/intro section, and the second (red) for all the other sections, or do I say both everytime?

Just wanted to clarify before i begin! Thanks!

Mary Beth Shaw
\

As an example, lets say that the section you're recording is part 5 chapter 6. You would say at the beginning of the recording: "Part 5 chapter 6 of Home Education Series Volume 1: Home Education, by Charlotte Mason. Part 5 Chapter 6: Reading by Sight and by Sound." (If you want to, say: "Read by Mary Beth Shaw." And if you want say your city state and blog or web address) At the end of the recording you would say: "End of Part 5 chapter 6." If it was the end of the book you would say in addition: "End of Home Education Series Vol. I: Home Education, by Charlotte Mason." I hope that makes sense! If you or anyone else has any questions, feel free to ask them! :D
Aaron

groovyrainbow
Posts: 7
Joined: August 13th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by groovyrainbow » September 1st, 2016, 1:02 pm

aaronml,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this test done. I, of course, ended up with a version of Audacity that is not the same as the one in the tutorial video, so I have struggled with understanding the software and getting the test done correctly. I'm not entirely sure I've succeeded even now! Where do I put it exactly?
Lori

groovyrainbow
Posts: 7
Joined: August 13th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by groovyrainbow » September 1st, 2016, 1:05 pm

I am so lost.
Lori

Laurke
Posts: 9
Joined: August 13th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by Laurke » September 1st, 2016, 1:39 pm

Lori - me too. I have to put two tracks together and haven't figured it out yet. May just rerecord the whole thing, since based on the message above yours, I said too much in the intro and ending! :hmm:

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 1st, 2016, 2:34 pm

Laurke wrote:Lori - me too. I have to put two tracks together and haven't figured it out yet. May just rerecord the whole thing, since based on the message above yours, I said too much in the intro and ending! :hmm:
Try listening to a recording already in the catalog (pick one described as 'collaborative') so you can hear how it all comes together. There's a link to the catalog at the top of the page.
Also, if you do need to re-record the intro and outro, just re-record those and edit them in, rather than the whole section.
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Editing_Audio
If you're having trouble creating your file, you may want ro reread the Newbie Guide to Recording http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

aaronml
Posts: 560
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Post by aaronml » September 1st, 2016, 3:10 pm

If you have a test you'll need to create a new topic in the Editors and Listeners Wanted forum. Then post it there. :D
Aaron

groovyrainbow
Posts: 7
Joined: August 13th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by groovyrainbow » September 1st, 2016, 3:14 pm

Aaron, are you the project MC, then?
Lori

aaronml
Posts: 560
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Post by aaronml » September 1st, 2016, 3:19 pm

groovyrainbow wrote:Aaron, are you the project MC, then?
No, I am the BC. (Book coordinator) Lynnet is the MC. I handle reader's requests. Lynnet handles all the tech specs, like cataloging it once it's done. I forgot to mention in the other post, if you have recorded a section of this book, post the link here.
Aaron

Post Reply