[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rachelrw

Post by rachelrw »

PL Notes for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

Hi Katy,
It was great listening to you read this section! I did find a few things that need to be corrected, though:

@ 0:10 background noise
@ 2:07 background noise
@ 2:15 mic bump
@ 4:04 omitted "is a sentence" from the line: 'Tom has said his lesson' is a sentence.
@ 5:36; 5:38; 5:40; 5:42; 5:45 omitted the word "blank"
@ 7:20 omitted the word "using" in the phrase: without using at least one of them.
@ 7:51 background noise
@ 8:57 omitted the word "three" in the phrase: Make three sentences with each of the following verbs

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

rachelrw wrote:PL Notes for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

Hi Katy,
It was great listening to you read this section! I did find a few things that need to be corrected, though:

@ 0:10 background noise
@ 2:07 background noise
@ 2:15 mic bump
@ 4:04 omitted "is a sentence" from the line: 'Tom has said his lesson' is a sentence.
@ 7:20 omitted the word "using" in the phrase: without using at least one of them.
@ 7:51 background noise
@ 8:57 omitted the word "three" in the phrase: Make three sentences with each of the following verbs

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! :)
The occasional mic bump or background noise (dog barking, traffic, squeaky chair) can be ignored unless it's so loud you jumped out of your skin 8-)
rachelrw

Post by rachelrw »

Lynnet wrote: The occasional mic bump or background noise (dog barking, traffic, squeaky chair) can be ignored unless it's so loud you jumped out of your skin 8-)
Ok that helps.. none of the background stuff bothered me so much that I jumped :)

Should I edit my PL Notes then?

-Rachel
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

rachelrw wrote:
Lynnet wrote: The occasional mic bump or background noise (dog barking, traffic, squeaky chair) can be ignored unless it's so loud you jumped out of your skin 8-)
Ok that helps.. none of the background stuff bothered me so much that I jumped :)

Should I edit my PL Notes then?

-Rachel
You can, or leave it so the reader can see our discussion and decide whether to edit them out. Except for technical issues, edits are always the reader's choice.
KimsMum

Post by KimsMum »

Please find the 1-minute test here: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/1minute_test-KimsMum.mp3

I can't seem to hit the 0.5-1.0 volume band but I'm at max volume, is this an important issue?

Looking forward to your feedback!
Hayley
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

KimsMum wrote:Please find the 1-minute test here: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/1minute_test-KimsMum.mp3

I can't seem to hit the 0.5-1.0 volume band but I'm at max volume, is this an important issue?

Hayley
Thank you! However you'll have to upload it under test not linnet. Also, you need to create a new topic in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum, and post the link there. Thank you!
Aaron
KimsMum

Post by KimsMum »

aaronml wrote: Thank you! However you'll have to upload it under test not linnet. Also, you need to create a new topic in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum, and post the link there. Thank you!
OK sorry about that, done now
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aaronml wrote:
KimsMum wrote:Please find the 1-minute test here: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/1minute_test-KimsMum.mp3

Hayley
Thank you! However you'll have to upload it under test not linnet. Also, you need to create a new topic in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum, and post the link there. Thank you!
Although you're correct in that tests should be uploaded to the test folder, that is just for "housekeeping" purposes - someone has the job of deleting all the tests in the folder periodically. By uploading to my folder (or any admin's), it's still there and accessible to anyone by clicking on the link. It's just that I have to go and clear the tests from my folder - which is not something I routinely do. It's like hanging a pair of jeans in the middle of a rack of shirts... Still there and you may or may not notice :lol:
rachelrw

Post by rachelrw »

PL Notes Revised for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

So, Katie (PurposefulAbnegation), it seems as though I was TOO picky about the background noise! Just ignore that previous post and work from this list:

rachelrw

Post by rachelrw »

PL OK for Section 64: Part 6, Chapter 1: The Will read by Mrs. A

Woo-hoo! :)
MrsA

Post by MrsA »

Here is section 66:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_66_128kb.mp3

I had a little trouble when recording, but I think I was able to fix it all and it sounds ok now. Let me know if I should redo it. :)
PurposefulAbnegation

Post by PurposefulAbnegation »

rachelrw wrote:PL Notes Revised for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

So, Katie (PurposefulAbnegation), it seems as though I was TOO picky about the background noise! Just ignore that previous post and work from this list:

Do I have to rerecord or just edit? I was told that I needed to record in one sitting otherwise it wouldn't sound right to the reader... This teaches me not to record when I am overtired! Too many mistakes! :lol:

Go Mrs. A!!! :clap:
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

PurposefulAbnegation wrote:
rachelrw wrote:PL Notes Revised for Section 61: Part 5, Chapter 19: Grammar read by PurposefulAbnegation

Do I have to rerecord or just edit? I was told that I needed to record in one sitting otherwise it wouldn't sound right to the reader... This teaches me not to record when I am overtired! Too many mistakes! :lol:

Go Mrs. A!!! :clap:
Just rerecord the sentence you messed up in and edit it in. That should be fine. :D
Aaron
PurposefulAbnegation

Post by PurposefulAbnegation »

Okay here is the revised version. I edited out the mic bump and a background noise that wasn't during a word. Here is to being another step closer to PL OK! :D

61 - Grammar
(10:38)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_61_mason_128kb.mp3
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein
rachelrw

Post by rachelrw »

PurposefulAbnegation wrote:Okay here is the revised version. I edited out the mic bump and a background noise that wasn't during a word. Here is to being another step closer to PL OK! :D

61 - Grammar
(10:38)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cmvolume1_61_mason_128kb.mp3
Hi Katie,
Did you re-record the whole thing? Or just edit the parts that needed changing? I just need to know if I need to listen to the whole recording again.. or just the spots that I mentioned in my PL Notes. Thanks!