[Complete]Charlotte Mason Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Rachel added as DPL. For instructions on how to access the MW, see here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
It is directed at BCs, but as a DPL, you access it the same way. You will be mainly concerned with the far right column, which is a drop-down menu. I always think it helpful, if there are any notes, to say in the "notes" column "see notes p. ##", especially on a project like this where there are a lot of posts. The notes column is the only one where you have to save - all others, you just hit return to save (no, I don't know why it's set up like that and it often catches me out). In the thread, type something along the lines of "PL notes section #" and any edits or PL OK.
Any questions, just ask.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

aaronml

Post by aaronml » August 15th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Lynnet wrote:Rachel added as DPL. For instructions on how to access the MW, see here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
It is directed at BCs, but as a DPL, you access it the same way. You will be mainly concerned with the far right column, which is a drop-down menu. I always think it helpful, if there are any notes, to say in the "notes" column "see notes p. ##", especially on a project like this where there are a lot of posts. The notes column is the only one where you have to save - all others, you just hit return to save (no, I don't know why it's set up like that and it often catches me out). In the thread, type something along the lines of "PL notes section #" and any edits or PL OK.
Any questions, just ask.
Thanks Lynnet! :thumbs:
Aaron

aaronml

Post by aaronml » August 15th, 2016, 12:31 pm

Lilymarie wrote:This project is amazing! Haha, I didn't sign up fast enough!
I'm a CM student, and my mom has been giving me the play-by-play about this from the AO forum :) . It's so cool to see all of these wonderful CM mothers (and others as well) joining together to read this book!
Are you planning on doing the following volumes? I would love to help record Ourselves if we are able to do it.
Great job, Aaron!
I'll have to get back to you on that. :oops:
Aaron

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2016, 12:33 pm

aaronml wrote:
I'm a CM student, and my mom has been giving me the play-by-play about this from the AO forum :) . It's so cool to see all of these wonderful CM mothers (and others as well) joining together to read this book!
Are you planning on doing the following volumes? I would love to help record Ourselves if we are able to do it.
Great job, Aaron!
That's my doing... I've recommended Aaron wait until this project is further along before starting volume 2 :D
Help us finish:

aaronml

Post by aaronml » August 15th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Lynnet wrote:
aaronml wrote:
Great job, Aaron!
That's my doing... I've recommended Aaron wait until this project is further along before starting volume 2 :D
I don't think I'm going to do volume two next is the thing, even if I have to wait. I'm doing this for a couple of the AO Moms and I think they want to do them in a different order. I just need to ask them which volume they want done next... I think Ourselves is volume four. :hmm:
Aaron

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2016, 1:04 pm

That's fine... They don't have to be in order.
Help us finish:

marybethingrace

Post by marybethingrace » August 15th, 2016, 6:16 pm

I will get to my 1 min test as soon as I can! I had my husband help me get all set up tonight! :)
This is exciting! :) :D

Mary Beth Shaw

aaronml

Post by aaronml » August 15th, 2016, 7:28 pm

marybethingrace wrote:I will get to my 1 min test as soon as I can! I had my husband help me get all set up tonight! :)
This is exciting! :) :D

Mary Beth Shaw
Good! I look forward to hearing you! :D (Is the Mary Beth Shaw at the bottom of your post your catalogue name, or just your name? Because you can't record your chapters until you give a catalogue name, because it's what gets read into the audio file, not your username. You can do your test though) :D
Aaron

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2016, 8:37 pm

Just so everyone is clear on this: MANY readers use their forum name as their catalog name. It is not necessary to give their real name. Micky Mouse would do (but someone else may have claimed that one!)
Also, in the intro, it is not necessary to identify yourselflf. Personally, I prefer it when people do, but it is optional.
There is nothing stopping you recording a chapter before - but in order to be recognized as a reader and be entered into the Magic Window, you do need to be in the catalog.
Help us finish:

aaronml

Post by aaronml » August 15th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Lynnet wrote:Just so everyone is clear on this: MANY readers use their forum name as their catalog name. It is not necessary to give their real name. Micky Mouse would do (but someone else may have claimed that one!)
Also, in the intro, it is not necessary to identify yourselflf. Personally, I prefer it when people do, but it is optional.
There is nothing stopping you recording a chapter before - but in order to be recognized as a reader and be entered into the Magic Window, you do need to be in the catalog.
That's true... I didn't think of that.
Aaron

dawnduran

Post by dawnduran » August 16th, 2016, 2:56 am

I thought I posted a response yesterday, but can't seem to locate it.

Due to the large number of people wanting to be a part of this project but are unable to b/c the spots filled up so quickly I'd like to unclaim sections 13 and 59.

Unfortunately, I am not able to devote any attention to this project before next week, but I am eager to dive in after that time.

Laurke

Post by Laurke » August 16th, 2016, 6:16 am

Okay, my test is approved- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62075&p=1273861#p1273861

Now to practice on the real thing! I expect I'll be reading it several times over. ;)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » August 16th, 2016, 7:07 am

dawnduran wrote:I thought I posted a response yesterday, but can't seem to locate it.

Due to the large number of people wanting to be a part of this project but are unable to b/c the spots filled up so quickly I'd like to unclaim sections 13 and 59.

Unfortunately, I am not able to devote any attention to this project before next week, but I am eager to dive in after that time.
Aaron, do you know how to remove a claim?
Help us finish:

PurposefulAbnegation

Post by PurposefulAbnegation » August 16th, 2016, 8:57 am

How do I denote reference numbers, and their footnotes, from within the text? Specifically page 295, yet I know there will be more.
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » August 16th, 2016, 9:14 am

PurposefulAbnegation wrote:How do I denote reference numbers, and their footnotes, from within the text? Specifically page 295, yet I know there will be more.
Just stepping in here in case Aaron can't answer your question...
If it's in parenthesis, just take a very minor breath and read it -unless it's referring to a page number, when you can leave it out. References to other works should be included.
For footnotes, there is no strict rule as to whether to include them or not. Most times they are omitted, but if you feel it is something that really must be included, read to the end of the sentence or paragraph then say "footnote...end footnote".
You may find this helpful: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/English_Pronunciation_Guides
The wiki (link at the top of the page) has a lot of useful information and is searchable.
Lynne
Help us finish: