Craig
linny

Post by linny »

Craigos wrote:Hi

Could I try:
Introduction: Lemma I - Section 1

Craig
Absolutely!

Due to the word count it will likely be around 20minutes of finished audio. Let me know if you have questions along the way!
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Hi

Hope this is OK. Shorter than estimated, so hoping not a big chunk missed out or read to quickly.
Happy to redo with advice!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/socailstatistics_01_spencer_128kb.mp3
Duration 16:55

Craig
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you Craig! I'll put you in for PL. Please be sure to check back in case there are any notes for you.

EDIT: Likely you didn't miss anything. I just like to give newer reader an idea so they don't get shocked about how long the recording can take. :wink: I hope you are enjoying the process. Let me know if you find another section interesting.
linny

Post by linny »

Karen,
I spot checked your intro and it's still off slightly. Always be certain to check the first post for specifics.

Here is what need to be:

"Chapter [18] of Social Statics by Herbert Spencer. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain.
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"Social Statics: or, The Conditions Essential to Human Happiness Specified, and the First of them Developed, by Herbert Spencer. [Chapter 18, Political Rights]"

Please note the "or" is included in the title. The Conditions Essential...is the subtitle, if you will. Social Statics still needs to be read.

"Chapter [19] of Social Statics by Herbert Spencer. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain.
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"Social Statics: or, The Conditions Essential to Human Happiness Specified, and the First of them Developed, by Herbert Spencer. [Chapter 19, The Right to Ignore the State]"
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Craig,
I PLed your section. You did a great job! Only suggestion I could make for the future is to be careful of page turns. I picked up a little shuffling but it was very minor and doesn't requiring editing here.

There are a few small corrections for this section.

Opening silence - we need less than 1 second of silence. Please trim.
Intro - Social Statics read as Social Statistics (2 occurrences)
Ending silence - for section less than 30 minutes we only need 5 seconds. Please trim.

Additionally, your file name is slightly off. When you post your revision please use: socialstatics_01_spencer_128kb
TomDavisBeal

Post by TomDavisBeal »

I've gotten a little delayed with PL. I'll pick this back up. I'm busy with winter holidays, but I should have time for spot checks this week and the full section PL early next.
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Adjustments made. Stupid mistake!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/socialstatics_01_spencer_128kb.mp3

I'm happy to do lemma 2 if it helps.
linny

Post by linny »

Please don't be so harsh with yourself. If there weren't mistakes from time to time there would be nothing for PLers to do. :wink:

Lemma 2 is all yours. Thank you!

Oh and section 1 is spot check PL OK! :thumbs:
playonwords

Post by playonwords »

Hi Linny

Should have known something was up when the official PLOK never showed.

Happy to accommodate with the adjustments.

will be in touch

Karen
playonwords

Post by playonwords »

Hi Linny

Should have known something was up when the official PLOK never showed.

Happy to accommodate with the adjustments.

will be in touch

Karen
playonwords

Post by playonwords »

Ooops, sorry for the double post . . . can someone delete this? I apparently cannot.

Thanks
Karen
playonwords

Post by playonwords »

Ooops, sorry for the double post . . . can someone delete this? I apparently cannot.

Thanks
Karen
Craigos

Post by Craigos »