COMPLETE Principles of Political Economy, John Stuart Mill-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Fiindil
Posts: 25
Joined: May 2nd, 2017, 6:27 am

Post by Fiindil » May 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm

I'd like to claim sections 10, 11, 12 & 13 if they're still open.
Sean Lally

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » May 29th, 2017, 1:07 pm

Hi I would like to read 55 and 56: Of the Interference of Government Grounded on Erroneous Theories

I would like to read the heck out of that!
"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 29th, 2017, 4:00 pm

Fiindil wrote:I'd like to claim sections 10, 11, 12 & 13 if they're still open.

They are still open, and all yours! Thanks Sean!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 29th, 2017, 4:00 pm

realisticspeakers wrote:Hi I would like to read 55 and 56: Of the Interference of Government Grounded on Erroneous Theories

I would like to read the heck out of that!

Yes, exactly! :D They are yours, thanks!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 30th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Section 19 needs one quick edit to be perfect. The volume is currently at 84.5 dB, which is a little low. We need it to be around 89 dB, so I need you to amplify it by 5 dB.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » May 31st, 2017, 11:34 am

Here is Section 19 again. Checker approves of the volume now. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principalsofpoliticaleconomy_19_mill_128kb.mp3
Russ Bruno

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 31st, 2017, 11:50 am

Shasta wrote:Here is Section 19 again. Checker approves of the volume now. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principalsofpoliticaleconomy_19_mill_128kb.mp3

Now your recording is perfect! PL OK! Thanks Shasta!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » May 31st, 2017, 2:13 pm

I would like to do Chapter 24
Russ Bruno

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 31st, 2017, 5:01 pm

Shasta wrote:I would like to do Chapter 24

Section 24 is yours! Thanks Shasta!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » June 4th, 2017, 3:26 pm

"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » June 4th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16757
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » June 4th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Here is section 25, with 20:43:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_25_mill_128kb.mp3

Actually I am not sure whether those "comments" are the way they should be, some things seem to belong to the main text... I read it as you suggested though.
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22040
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » June 5th, 2017, 10:46 am

Availle wrote:Here is section 25, with 20:43:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_25_mill_128kb.mp3

Actually I am not sure whether those "comments" are the way they should be, some things seem to belong to the main text... I read it as you suggested though.
Thanks Ava! Since I don't follow the text when I listen to the recording, if you were to read it differently, I probably would not notice. It was a suggestion since the "comments" are not what Mill had written, but what the editor wrote. It was the best I could come up with to try to make it clear that these were from the editor. But, as I said, if you feel that not saying "comment" is better, I am fine with that.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » June 5th, 2017, 11:19 pm

Russ Bruno

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16757
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » June 6th, 2017, 6:36 am

icequeen wrote:Thanks Ava! Since I don't follow the text when I listen to the recording, if you were to read it differently, I probably would not notice. It was a suggestion since the "comments" are not what Mill had written, but what the editor wrote. It was the best I could come up with to try to make it clear that these were from the editor. But, as I said, if you feel that not saying "comment" is better, I am fine with that.
I did read them as "comments" as you suggested, but some seem to be weird...

For example:
There's one non-indented comment by a guy who seems to have started writing about Economy after Mill had died.
There are three uses of money as indicated in the title of the section, but the second and last are indented as commentary??

Some of those indentations simply don't make sense at all. I wonder if a scan would be helpful in such cases.
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Post Reply