COMPLETE Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by R. Rodd -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42471
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » August 9th, 2016, 10:10 am

thank you sonia!
Carolin

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 9th, 2016, 10:48 am

these were short...

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_20_rodd_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:39 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_21_rodd_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:23 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_22_rodd_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:56 min.

and I think I cave, the poems are so great that I wish to continue, but I don't think I can finish this evening. I think I waited long enough to give others their chance at a pick. Could I be so greedy to claim the remaining 10, in order to make this a sort of "solo" with an introductory note by Rob "Oscar Wilde" Board ? :mrgreen:

If this is not ok, then I'll take the next 3 and take my chances.

Sonia
Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

RobMarland
Posts: 1896
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » August 9th, 2016, 11:12 am

I do like the idea of a duet, and you're getting through these so quickly!
Rob Marland reader section | website

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 9th, 2016, 11:16 am

RobBoard wrote:I do like the idea of a duet, and you're getting through these so quickly!
oh did you want to claim some now ?

Sonia
Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

RobMarland
Posts: 1896
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » August 9th, 2016, 11:39 am

Kitty wrote:
RobBoard wrote:I do like the idea of a duet, and you're getting through these so quickly!
oh did you want to claim some now ?

Sonia
No no no! I'll be Wilde and you can be Rodd! If I pop up now it will sound like Wilde pushed onto the project even more than he did in real life, with his massively self-aggrandizing intro. :D
Last edited by RobMarland on August 9th, 2016, 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Marland reader section | website

Lucy_k_p
Posts: 2924
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 7:19 am
Location: Bath, UK
Contact:

Post by Lucy_k_p » August 9th, 2016, 11:39 am

Section 1, L'Envoi:
Carolin, this is what is said for the Intro. Can you please confirm it is what you want:
L'Envoi to Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by Oscar Wilde. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Rob Board. Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by Rennell Rodd, L'Envoi by Oscar Wilde.

9:56 Said: echoing from chair to canopy. Should be: echoing from choir to canopy.
22:32 – 23:30 In this paragraph there are 4 or 5 stumbles, each followed by a click and then a correct reading. I assume you meant to edit these out.

Great reading – I could believe you were Oscar Wilde.


Sections 2, 3 & 8 – 22:
PL OK

Section 4, The Sea King's Grave:
1:45 – Background thump, like you've tapped the mic, at the end of: and the murmur of winds was loud.
(Not an essential fix, but the rest of the poems are so perfect I thought you'd like it pointed out.)

Section 5, A Roman Mirror:
0:41 & 0:49 Lustreless should be pronounced Lus-ter-luss.
(Also not an essential fix, if your pronunciation is a normal variation where you are.)

Section 6, By the South Sea:
0:38 – Said: My faith have been dead so long. Should be: My faiths have been dead so long.
(Also not an essential fix, but as you have been word perfect for everything else, I thought you'd like to know.)

Section 7, In a Church:
0:42 – Missing Word. Said: To Mary from the Cyprian queen. Should be: To Mary mother from the Cyprian queen.

Lovely readings all, well done. I look forward to the rest of them.
So little space, so much to say.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 9th, 2016, 11:46 am

RobBoard wrote:No no no! I'll be Wilde and you can be Rodd! If I pop up now it will sound like Wilde pushed onto the project even more than he did in real life, with his massively self-aggrandizing intro. :D
:lol: ok I see what you mean :mrgreen: I'll remain Rodd then for the rest of the voyage, if Carolin is ok with it.

Sonia
Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 9th, 2016, 11:47 am

Lucy_k_p wrote:Section 4, The Sea King's Grave:
1:45 – Background thump, like you've tapped the mic, at the end of: and the murmur of winds was loud.
(Not an essential fix, but the rest of the poems are so perfect I thought you'd like it pointed out.)

Section 5, A Roman Mirror:
0:41 & 0:49 Lustreless should be pronounced Lus-ter-luss.
(Also not an essential fix, if your pronunciation is a normal variation where you are.)

Section 6, By the South Sea:
0:38 – Said: My faith have been dead so long. Should be: My faiths have been dead so long.
(Also not an essential fix, but as you have been word perfect for everything else, I thought you'd like to know.)

Section 7, In a Church:
0:42 – Missing Word. Said: To Mary from the Cyprian queen. Should be: To Mary mother from the Cyprian queen.
:shock: ok thanks for the great PL ! I'll try to correct all of these. I indeed like to be word perfect.

Sonia
Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

RobMarland
Posts: 1896
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » August 9th, 2016, 11:56 am

Lucy_k_p wrote:Section 1, L'Envoi:
Carolin, this is what is said for the Intro. Can you please confirm it is what you want:
L'Envoi to Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by Oscar Wilde. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Rob Board. Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by Rennell Rodd, L'Envoi by Oscar Wilde.

9:56 Said: echoing from chair to canopy. Should be: echoing from choir to canopy.
22:32 – 23:30 In this paragraph there are 4 or 5 stumbles, each followed by a click and then a correct reading. I assume you meant to edit these out.

Great reading – I could believe you were Oscar Wilde.
Thanks! All I can say is, I am glad he is reputed to have shed his native brogue, because my Irish accent is worse than Tom Cruise's in Far and Away.

Reuploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_01_rodd_128kb.mp3
Rob Marland reader section | website

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 9th, 2016, 12:24 pm

ok I reuploaded 4, 5 and 7.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_04_rodd_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:23 min.

Note: I was not thumping my microphone, it's my natural inability to say this word (and others) with a 'd' that is audible without making it too plosive, sorry. I tried to make it more soft now, but I think it's still plosive. I cannot do it better, so re-doing the line again probably would mar the reading even more, if I don't get the audio tone similar to the old reading. I hope it's good enough.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_05_rodd_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:50 min.

Note: it's not a regional variation where I live ;) I simply did not know it was pronounced like this (I'm not a native speaker of English). So there's one thing learnt again, thanks.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/roseleafandappleleaf_07_rodd_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:38 min.

As for Section 6, I did not re-record it, because I actually said "faiths", but maybe one doesn't hear it too clearly. I also thought, the risk of getting the tone not exact, would mar the poem more than trying to say the 's' more clearly. Hope that's ok, if I prefer to leave it like that.

Thanks
Sonia
Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42471
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » August 9th, 2016, 10:59 pm

thank you all :clap:
Carolin

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42471
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » August 9th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Lucy_k_p wrote:Section 1, L'Envoi:
Carolin, this is what is said for the Intro. Can you please confirm it is what you want:
L'Envoi to Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by Oscar Wilde. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Rob Board. Rose Leaf and Apple Leaf by Rennell Rodd, L'Envoi by Oscar Wilde.
yes, the intro is not a poem and not by rennell rodd, so we agreed on the variation on the long poem. there is a note on that earlier in the thread.

thanks!
Carolin

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 10th, 2016, 2:37 am

Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42471
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » August 10th, 2016, 2:47 am

:thumbs:
Carolin

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27209
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 10th, 2016, 4:26 am

Please join us all in our March clean-up event.
Let's bring those projects to a close. :9:

Post Reply