[COMPLETE] Le Paradise Perdu de Milton (Chateaubriand) - ava

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Are you still logged in with the generic password for the uploader?

Then please log out and try again with your password for the workflow. You can use your password for the workflow for the uploader as well.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Sorry, but neither is working. I click on "BC" and receive this error message:
You don't have permissions for this area.

Return to Librivox Management Tool Homepage

Logout
So I log out and then log back in with either the generic uploader data or my personal login data. No dice either way: "Incorrect login."
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

This looks like you're still logged in with the wrong (possibly the uploader) password.

There are 3 passwords here:

1) The password for the forum (here)
2) The generic password for the uploader (see the image at the bottom of the first post)
3) The password for the workflow.

What you need for the Magic Window is 3) - which you can use for the uploader as well.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I was able to log onto the MW, so I updated the link for you Tom. I suppose this is already the edited version ? Will have a listen to it later in the day. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Yes, Sonia, I made the corrections. I think you'll be pleased. Thanks for updating the MW. I suppose that for "Livre 2, Deuxième Partie" I will have to use the file name "paradisperdu_03_milton_128kb." That will be a little confusing.

And, I dug into my past notes and came up with a weird username and password combination supposedly for the MW, but they didn't work.

Tom
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chymocles wrote:Yes, Sonia, I made the corrections. I think you'll be pleased. Thanks for updating the MW. I suppose that for "Livre 2, Deuxième Partie" I will have to use the file name "paradisperdu_03_milton_128kb." That will be a little confusing.

And, I dug into my past notes and came up with a weird username and password combination supposedly for the MW, but they didn't work.

Tom
I have not listened yet, but checker gives me a failed notice because apparently you have 48,000 Hz instead of our usual 44,100. Can you reupload with the correct settings before I listen, please ? I don't know how that happened, last time it was ok. Check your settings for the next sections !

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

chymocles wrote: And, I dug into my past notes and came up with a weird username and password combination supposedly for the MW, but they didn't work.
That may be a really, really old one :wink:

Please go to the login screen for BCs/MCs and DPLs.
Underneath the two fields to enter username and password you will find a "Forget Password" link. When you click this, you will receive an email to reset your password for the Magic Window (not for the forum!!)

Let me know if this works!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

I need the URL of this login screen. Sorry to be so dense. I have always just clicked on "BC" under the MW on the first page of our conversations, and that leads to the dead end I described. There is never an invitation to log in until I have been forbidden entrance, and at that point there is no "Forget Password" link.

Tom
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Sorry, Sonia, about the sampling rate. I will upload it again. I am fixing that problem as I write.

It passed the Checker and is uploading now.

Tom
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chymocles wrote:I saw it the other way because I know the English version almost by heart. That is, in fact, why I decided to do this project. Kids sometimes learn to read by memorizing a story that has been read to them often. They then pick up the book and pretend to read, and at some point the symbols they see become associated with the words they are saying. Hence, I hope that my vocabulary and my familiarity with grammatical constructions will grow as I mouthe the French for words I already hold in memory.
I need to reply to this statement as well. Wow, you know the entire Paradise by heart :shock: ("almost" sounds good enough for me) And yes, I think one does hear by your intonation that you know the text very well. And I'm sure after you're through with the twelve books, your French will be on an exquisite level. (Although whether the French of Paradise Lost is the modern French you'll need nowadays to get you out of a scrape in a dark alley in Marseille is another thing LOL)

well I Spot PLed Chapter 2 and I'll mark it PL ok. Excellently edited, I never fail to marvel at that. And with the unliaised nasal sounds it sounds so much better now.

What about chapter 1 ? Why did I not PL ok it yet ? You wanted to do something about the volume changes didn't you ? Did you reupload that ?

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

chymocles wrote:I need the URL of this login screen. Sorry to be so dense. I have always just clicked on "BC" under the MW on the first page of our conversations, and that leads to the dead end I described. There is never an invitation to log in until I have been forbidden entrance, and at that point there is no "Forget Password" link.
As I said, I'm sure it's problem with you being logged in already. Anyway, the login screen is here:
https://librivox.org/login/manage_dashboard
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Well, I see that I was wrong: I really have been at this screen before and there really is a "Forgot Password" link. But don't I have to have a special username for this? I can't use my chymocles name, or my main password will get changed, and I still won't be able to get into this inner sanctum. And if I weren't already logged in, how could I even navigate to this login page? I really don't have any idea how to proceed. I hate to ask Sonia to do it all for me, and I hate to ask you to explain it to me as to a slow child, but I guess that's what I must do. Suppose we start with my logging out. What do I do next?

Tom
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay, let's see if I can walk you through this...

As I said above, there are three passwords:
1) The password for the forum (here)
2) The generic password for the uploader (see the image at the bottom of the first post)
3) The password for the workflow.
On that login screen, what you are entering is 3), and this is also what you will reset if you click "Forgot password".
Instead of 2) you can always use 3), it will work just the same.

That login screen requires your forum name - chymocles - both to login and to change your password.

Okay, so let's indeed assume you are logged out.
If you want to change your password, go to the link I gave you above, click "Login for BCs...", then click "Forgot password", then enter your forum name - chymocles - there. You will receive an email to change your password.

Please try.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Let's leave the second password (********) out of the discussion. It goes along with a different username (librivox). Apparently everybody uses it, so it isn't a secret. And I don't care to use any other password for uploading; "********" works just fine.

That leaves just the first and third passwords. Are you telling me that I can have one username with two different passwords? I don't want to change the password I use to enter the forum, and surely that will happen if I get this email and use it. Still, if you assure me that that won't happen—that I'll will just be allowed to choose a password to enter the MW—I will do as you say, even though it is counterintuitive.

Is this the I'm-afraid-I'll-break-it syndrome that old people typically exhibit?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I have edited our generic password out of your post to keep it from being spammed all over the place. No need to tell people there's free storage space on the internet :wink:

Yes, there are two places here that share your login, but not your password (you can have the same password for both if this makes things easier for you, although it is not recommended).

Don't worry, in this case you will only reset password 3). I promise! :thumbs:

And no, it's the I'm-afraid-I'll-break-it-because-it's-computers syndrome. Has nothing to do with age, really!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com